We’ve received advice from the NSW Department of Education today about a new round of consultation meetings in NSW and we strongly urge you to register for one of these sessions.
The topics below are important for all of us, no matter where you are located or what type of service you are in.
CCCC will also be attending sessions so we can help you be heard and follow up on your questions with the government in our ongoing advisory meetings.
ECED May consultation sessions
All services and providers are invited to attend the ECED May consultation sessions.
Topics will include:
- the Regional and Remote Early Childhood Education Strategy
- full implementation of Start Strong for community preschool and long day care services
- changes to the National Law and regulations
- update on the Assessment and Rating process.
Read more and register on the Department’s Eventbrite page.
You may contact the ECED Engagement team by email ECEDengagement@det.nsw.edu.au or phone 02 9266 8034.
ECED officers are currently contacting long day care services that are eligible to receive funding under the Start Strong Program.
The Government allocated $30million from 1 January 2017 to 30 June 2018 to help families access affordable quality early childhood education programs.
The funding is for children who are:
- at least 4 years old on or before 30 June and not in compulsory schooling
- attending an early childhood education program.
Eligible services for the funding are selected against a range of criteria.
If you receive notification that you are eligible for funding under this program, you must complete and return your signed agreement by Friday 28th April 2017