It’s all right, we understand, we really do. But the change is coming, ready or not, and like you, CELA keeps getting these emails with helpful advice from the powers-that-be reminding us of all the steps that still need to be taken. From time to time we are going to share these actions with you in our own, somewhat simpler way, because even though July feels a long way away, it¬ really¬†isn’t and there are some things you probably should get done now…
The PRODA Prod
This week we’re giving you a prod to do your PRODA.¬
What’s a PRODA? So glad you asked!
It stands for PROvider Digital Access¬ and certain people in each children’s service need to be registered so you can use the new IT system.¬
Who needs a¬†PRODA¬†Account?
The Australian Government’s advice is that the following people should register for PRODA:
- Persons with¬ Management or Control of the Provider.
- Persons Responsible for the¬ Day-to-Day Operation of the Service
- Service Contacts
- Family Day Care Educators¬†(for Family Day Care services only)
Looking at that list, it’s clear¬ not only providers have to register!
Identifying those people in your service
Not sure you’ve got the right people ready to register? There’s a handy¬ Personnel Factsheet¬†now available to define who they are by their roles and the IT tasks they may have to perform on the new system (clicking on the below chart will take you to the source page, in case there are later updates).
How do you register?
Follow this link to the secure¬ PRODA¬†authentication system¬†and follow the step-by-step instructions.
Before you start, have this information ready beside you:
- information from 3 Australian government issued documents they own ‚Äď such as a passport, driver‚Äôs licence or Medicare card.
- evidence of a name change, if needed, such as if you’ve changed your name by marriage since getting your current Medicare card
After you finish, write this down
At the end of the registration process you will receive a Registration Authority (RA) Number.
This RA Number must be kept secure as you may be required to provide it to your provider, your software vendor or another government agency.
Need more information?
The Australian Government has also provided more resources to answer your questions here:
- The department‚Äôs¬ Transition Page
- Personnel Roles.¬†Check out our¬ mini video!
- Get the latest information about the¬ Stages of Transition.
- Learn about¬†Changes to Service Types. Our¬ mini video¬†explains how the changes might affect your service.
- For help registering, contact the¬†PRODA¬†Helpdesk on¬ 1800¬†700¬†199 (select Option 1)¬ Monday to Friday 8.00am to 5.00pm¬†AEDT.
- Questions about your transition to the New Child Care Package? Contact the CCMS Helpdesk on 1300 667 276 (9.00am to 5.30pm Mon-Fri AEDT.