Could you be a CELA Children’s Champion? Do you know someone you think would be a great champion for children?
Email email@example.com and tell us the passion you want to share through early learning advocacy and we will send you an information letter and sign-up sheet.
Our Children’s Champions help in many valuable ways, to advance our mission to amplify early learning’s value and ensure all children have access to quality early education and care.
You could be asked to:
- represent other CELA members at sector consultations
- write articles for CELA publications
- share your story with other media
- contribute to our advocacy program in focus groups or online forums
- join panels of other passionate educators in professional development sessions
What would be involved? As a Children’s Champion, you might:
- Represent members’ interests at consultation events on behalf of CELA. You may be asked to simply listen and report back to share ideas with members, or to contribute your own experiences and views in a more active forum.
- Join other champions at our events. These might be informal focus groups to discuss advocacy messaging, or more formal events, which could see you joining a panel presentation in a professional development session.
- Write an article or be interviewed for one of our online or print publications to share lessons and ideas with members and the broader sector. You are very welcome to contribute your own ideas for articles or interviews, review books, or seek other members to join one of our specialist discussions, either in person or online.
We’re open to your ideas! This is a new program to grow grassroots involvement from you – our membership. If you have a suggestion for ways our champions can be more involved, we’d love to hear it!