Learn skilful ways to Communicate Quality Ratings – Conveying the value of Quality Ratings to Parents & Families
A FREE PROFESSIONAL LEARNING OPPORTUNITY | ONLINE COMMUNITY OF PRACTICE | MENTORING
PART ONE – INTERACTIVE ONLINE SESSIONS
7 APRIL TO 29 APRIL 2021 (10 X DATES TO CHOOSE FROM)
As services we spend a lot of time preparing for our assessment and rating.
We wait anxiously for the results and often celebrate these results as a team.
But what do these ratings really mean to families?
This session makes the invisible visible when communicating the quality rating of your service.
Are you curious about how families determine quality?
Ever wanted to know how to complete your own action research?
With exciting new and interactive tools, be an innovator and break down the barriers for families so as they have a better understanding of what quality ratings mean in the context of your service.
- Your Quality Rating is vitally important and reassuring information to share with parents and families. It indicates the service quality and integrity we offer as early childhood education providers, and the commitment to continuous improvement across our sector.
- Enable parents and families to understand how your quality improvements support the delivery of high quality education and care to their child.
- Initiated by the NSW Department of Education this free professional learning opportunity is designed to equip early education teams with greater understanding, communication skills and ready-to-use tools to help convey the meaning, value, and importance of Quality Ratings.
- It’s obvious every day that we share a passionate commitment to providing highest quality early education and care by supporting children to learn and thrive.
- Behind the scenes, an enormous amount of positive work is also ongoing, but is perhaps less obvious, in programming, planning, leadership, training and other initiatives.
- This is your opportunity to learn how to have valuable and confident conversations about your own Quality Rating, practices, and plans, and to help grow awareness about the commitment across our sector to highest quality early childhood education.
- This free professional training will be led by respected CELA expert, Kerrie Maguire.
Designed in three parts the program starts with an online training session in which Kerrie covers:
- Understand how parents and families perceive quality in an education and care setting
- Learn how to use the Participatory Action Research technique to plan, test, learn and improve the communication approach for your service
- Step through a ready-to-go toolkit created to give you skills and tools to use in any scenario, from the front gate to newsletters, from events and conversations
- Learn how to draft a communications program for your service
- Interactive sharing of ideas and challenges
After the session you will have the ongoing support of:
An online community of practice through a private Facebook Group: a safe and easy to use forum to share ideas, ask questions of each other and CELA, and problem solve together
- Optional 1-1 support from a CELA mentor to discuss barriers and successes.
Why this is so important:
- Quality practices are key to supporting children to develop and thrive.
- Quality Ratings are something to celebrate, and a visible sign of the work that goes into quality early childhood education.
- Families may see your rating and not understand what it means and may not know about your focus on continuous improvement.
- They may not know about the crucial but often invisible elements of your work for their child, aspects such as programming and leadership.
- Being able to confidently talk about your Quality Rating, your expertise and your impact on a child’s education and care is vital.
- The Department of Education has funded this professional development program. They have chosen CELA as a peak body to deliver the program.
- This program has limited places only in 2021 and is open for bookings now.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This session is relevant to all NSW Education and Care Services, Directors, Coordinators, Management, Educational Leaders, Educators and Approved Providers.
Training will take place online
HOW TO BOOK
Click below on the ‘book now’ for more information or to book, we will send out a confirmation and login details over the coming weeks.
(When our booking system asks for a credit card, please ignore and click next)
HOW TO CONTACT CELA
If you have any questions please contact CELA on 1800 157 818 or email@example.com