Fairfield City Council oversees one of the biggest and most multicultural local government areas in Australia. With 27 suburbs, 194,000 residents and a local community that speaks more than 70 different languages, working with Fairfield City Council is a chance to work in a unique and dynamic environment.
Fairfield City Council can offer you an exciting career which supports and encourages development, personal and professional growth, appreciates the importance of work/life balance, recognises and rewards performance and embraces innovation and change.
CENTRE DIRECTOR – UNIT 2
Full-time 35 hours per week
Reference Number: 2021.073
Salary from $83,887 p.a. plus superannuation
Our Vision: Through partnerships, all children and families have access to educational opportunities that strengthen knowledge, ability and resilience for future success
Our Mission: We are committed and passionate leaders engaged in best practice to foster, support and inspire life-long learning.
As the largest not-for-profit provider in the Fairfield City Local Government Area, Fairfield City Council’s Children and Family Services Division provides a variety of high quality programs to the community, including long day care, preschool, family day care, supported playgroups and early intervention services.
We are seeking to appoint a passionate Centre Director who is excited by educational leadership and thrives on evidenced based practice. As the Nominated Supervisor of the service, the Centre Director will be responsible for overseeing the daily operation of the service, whilst leading and mentoring a dynamic and diverse team of skilled educators. As the Educational Leader of the service, a great deal of importance is placed on guiding the team in their planning, critical reflection, and supporting the team in their pedagogy and practice.
The Children and Family Services Division is strongly committed to providing opportunities for professional development including a leadership program for directors, study support including study leave and reimbursement. Strong networking opportunities and support are provided to Teachers and Educators working within our services, as are secondment opportunities for skill development and career progression across service types, and different roles.
1. Recognised university qualification in Early Childhood Education as approved by ACECQA.
2. Registration with NESA as an accredited early childhood teacher
3. Must be able to meet the minimum prescribed requirements of a Nominated Supervisor as per the Education and Care Services National Regulations
4. Must hold a current Working with Children Check number (under the new WWCC system)
5. Must undertake a National Police Check
- Considerable experience within an early childhood setting, particularly as an early childhood teacher and a minimum 2 years working as a Centre Director.
- Proven leadership, management and interpersonal skills
· Demonstrated financial management skills, and demonstrated judgement and problem solving skills
- Sound understanding of early childhood theory and curriculum planning for children aged 0-5 years, and demonstrated ability to engage in reflective practice and action research
- Comprehensive understanding and practical implementation of the National Quality Framework (NQF), the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF), Child Protection legislation and their implications on practice
· Demonstrated commitment to inclusive practice
Applications close at 11:59pm on Sunday 17 April 2022
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 9725 0393 if you have any questions regarding the position.
Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council's expense. Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer.
Applications must address the Essential Criteria as outlined in the position description. Your resume should also be able to reflect the skills required. A position description is available from the contact person listed above, or from Council’s website.
Applicants must provide two current work references (Reference name, title and business phone number is required. Mobile numbers are not recommended). If you are successful to the final interview all qualifications, Police and WWCC Check and memberships must be supplied, by providing certified copies, and will be confirmed by Council.
To apply please visit Council’s website www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au or mail your application addressed to Alan Young, City Manager, PO Box 21, Fairfield NSW 1860.