THE POSITION: Council is seeking an enthusiastic staff member to join their Children’s Services team as a permanent, part time cook. The successful applicant will need to provide nutritionally balanced meals which meet the dietary needs for children aged 0 to 5 years.
- Experience preparing creative and nutritious meals for large groups is essential as well as excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Prepare meals to meet the needs of children with special dietary requirements and allergies
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- Food Safety & Hygiene Certificate or Basic Food Handling Certificate
- Working with Children Check
- High level oral and written communication skills ,reliable and punctual
- First Aid, Asthma & Anaphylaxis Management Certificates (or willingness to obtain)
- Experience in development of menus to meet dietary requirements
- Previous experience in early childhood is not essential, but will be highly regarded
- Experience in budget management and food purchasing
SALARY & EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS:
· Permanent part-time position, 40 hours per fortnight, split over 5 days per week, 4 hours per day from 8.30am to 2.00pm
· This position is a Grade 2, salary range is $56,382 (PRO-RATA)p.a. with progression to $62,239 (PRO-RATA)p.a. on demonstrated competencies, with performance progression to $66,046 (PRO-RATA)p.a.
· A uniform is provided
FURTHER CONTACTS: Enquiries regarding the position should be directed to Children & Family Services on 9725 0393 or a position description is available by contacting Children & Family Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 19 December 2021, 11.59pm
HOW TO APPLY: Applications must address the knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience required in the Position Description. A position description is available from the contact person listed above, or from Council’s Website. To apply online visit Council’s website www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/fccjobs. Applications should be addressed to the undersigned and received by the closing date. Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council's expense.
Please note that this role requires mandatory vaccination against COVID-19 at Fairfield City Council. All applicants must be vaccinated (and provide proof - cited vaccination certificate).
Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer. As an inclusive workplace, we support reasonable workplace adjustment. If you do require an adjustment during the recruitment process, please notify us on your application form.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia, and may be required to undertake a national police clearance as part of the recruitment process.
We kindly ask for no recruiters at this stage.
PO BOX 21 ALAN YOUNG PSM
FAIRFIELD NSW 1860 CITY MANAGER