Fairfield City Council oversees one of the biggest and most multicultural local government areas in Australia. With 27 suburbs, over 200,000 residents and a local community that speaks more than 70 different languages, working with Fairfield City Council is a chance to work in a unique, challenging and dynamic environment.
Fairfield City Council offers an exciting career that supports and encourages development, personal and professional growth, appreciates the importance of work/life balance, recognises and rewards performance and embraces change.
EARLY CHILDHOOD TEACHER
12 month maternity leave
(35 hours per week)
Reference Number: 2022.050
Salary from $68,337- $80,047 p.a. plus superannuation
Our vision is that ‘Every child reaches their highest potential’
If your passion is for early education and care, and our pedagogical vision resonates with yours, we welcome you to join Children and Family Services on the journey to enhancing children’s lives and work in a team who are leading by delivering best practice in the Early Education and Care Sector.
Find a sense of fulfilment and enjoy being challenged to grow within your career through professional development and inspirational team environments.
Fairfield City Council manages a variety of children and family services including long day care, preschool, family day care, supported playgroups, early intervention services and family support services. Strong networking opportunities and support exists for educators who work within our services, as do internal opportunities for skills development and career progression across service types. The Children and Family Services Business Unit is strongly committed to providing opportunities for professional development including a leadership program for emerging directors, study support including study leave and reimbursement secondments across the services. Comprehensive training plans to suit individuals are also available and consistent support from the Management Team.
Fairfield City Council is seeking to employ an enthusiastic Early Childhood Teacher who is highly motivated with a focus on excellence, leadership and innovation. New graduates are encouraged to apply. You will be working as part of a dynamic team to meet the individual programming needs of children 0-5 years.
- 3 or 4 year Bachelor of Teaching or Education (Early Childhood) as approved by ACECQA
- Current First Aid Certificate, Asthma Certificate, Anaphylaxis Certificate and Working with Children Check, as approved by ACECQA.
- A current National Police Check (within 6 month date range)
- Must be an Accredited Teacher and actively working towards the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers for Provisional Teachers. Conditional Teachers are also welcomed and supported.
· Must be able to meet the minimum prescribed requirements of a responsible person as per the Education and Care Services National Regulations
- Working knowledge and demonstrated high-quality pedagogical programming skills with an ability to incorporate the Early Years Learning Framework, the Education and Care Services National Regulations and the National Quality Standards
- A demonstrated ability to participate in decision making and problem solving
- A demonstrated ability in using a variety of interpersonal skills in multiple teams
- Please note that this role requires mandatory vaccination against COVID-19 at Fairfield City Council. All applicants must be vaccinated (and provide proof - cited vaccination certificate).
Benefits of Working for Children & Family Services Include;
· Job security and stability
· Leave entitlements, including annual, 2 Health & Wellbeing Days annually, personal and parental leave (where applicable)
· Accumulative sick leave (15 days per year)
· Salary sacrifice child care
· Access to Council’s Employee Assistance Program
· Excellent Career Progression Opportunities
· Ongoing support, advice and information on the sector and curriculum
· Teacher Accreditation support provided with NESA approved and trained teacher supervisors
· Salary package depending on applicant’s qualification and experience with income progression as part of the annual appraisal processes
· Discounted access to Council’s Leisure Centres
· Strong professional development culture, dedicated focus on your personal and professional development,
· Generous budgets for resources and PD
· Recognition and incentive programs for exceeding performance
· Paid First Aid refresher courses
· Professional development tailored to you including coaching and mentoring on line and face to face and additional training
Applications close on Monday 18 April 2022, 11.59pm.
Please contact Children and Family Services on 9725 0393 if you have any questions regarding the position.
Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council's expense. Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer.
Applications must address the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description. Your resume should also be able to reflect the skills required. A position description is available from the contact person listed above, or from Council’s website.
Applicants must provide two current work references (Reference name, title and business phone number is required. Mobile numbers are not recommended). If you are successful to the final interview all qualifications and memberships must be supplied, by providing certified copies, and will be confirmed by Council. The successful applicant may be required to undertake a National Police Clearance prior to commencement
We kindly ask for no recruiters at this stage.
To apply please visit Council’s website www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au or mail your application addressed to Alan Young, City Manager, PO Box 21, Fairfield NSW 1860.