Fairfield City Council oversees one of the biggest and most multicultural local government areas in Australia. With 27 suburbs, 194,000 residents and a local community that speaks more than 70 different languages, working with Fairfield City Council is a chance to work in a unique, challenging and dynamic environment.
Fairfield City Council can offer you an exciting career which supports and encourages development, personal and professional growth, appreciates the importance of work/life balance, recognises and rewards performance and embraces change.
CHILD CARE ASSISTANT
Reference Number: 2022.051
12 month maternity leave
Salary from $56,382 p.a. plus superannuation
Fairfield City Council manages a variety of children and family services including long day care, preschool, family day care, supported playgroups, early intervention services and family support. Strong networking opportunities exist for staff who work within our services, as do internal opportunities for skill development and career progression across service types. The Children and Family Services Business Unit is strongly committed to providing opportunities for professional development including a leadership program for directors, study support (including study leave and reimbursement) and secondments across the services. Comprehensive, individualised training plans are also available, as is consistent support from the Manager.
Fairfield City Council is seeking to employ a Child Care Assistant to join our Division who is enthusiastic, has a passion for working with children and their families from diverse cultures and backgrounds, who enjoys being challenged and supported through professional development and team environments. Working arrangements for both full time and part time nature will be considered.
Please ensure your application clearly states if you are applying specifically for either the permanent or part time nature will be considered. or if you are interested in both all roles.
- Certificate III in Children’s Services.
- Current first aid certificate, approved anaphylaxis management training and approved emergency asthma management training
- Working with children check
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in an Education and Care Service
- Knowledge and understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework, National Quality Standards and the Education & Care National Regulations 2011
- Demonstrated programming skills
- Excellent communication skills including skills in managing conflict
- Proven experience as an effective team player
- Experience in working with children with additional needs and from a culturally and linguistically diverse background
- Please note that this role requires mandatory vaccination against COVID-19 at Fairfield City Council. All applicants must be vaccinated (and provide proof - cited vaccination certificate).
SALARY & EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS:
· Permanent position, 76 hours per fortnight
· This position is a Grade 2, salary range is $56,382p.a. with progression to $62,239p.a. on demonstrated competencies, with performance progression to $66,046p.a.
· A uniform is provided
Applications close on Sunday 24 April 2022, 11.59pm
Please contact Children and Family Services on 9725 0393 if you have any questions regarding the position.
Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council's expense. Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer.
Applications must address the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description. Your resume should also be able to reflect the skills required. A position description is available from the contact person listed above, or from Council’s website.
Applicants must provide two current work references (Reference name, title and business phone number is required. Mobile numbers are not recommended). If you are successful to the final interview all qualifications and memberships must be supplied, by providing certified copies, and will be confirmed by Council.
To apply please visit Council’s website www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au or mail your application addressed to Alan Young, City Manager, PO Box 21, Fairfield NSW 1860.