THE POSITION: This exciting position in the Children and Family Services Division is involved in all the business components across Children and Family Services (CFS). This includes consulting and coordinating staff to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of CFS incorporating policy review for BDS team and formatting policies for CFS, financial supervision to ensure compliance, supporting staff to navigate the different administrative systems available, liaise with Communication and Marketing for CFS needs, identify and consult with CFS manager around the business improvement opportunities and liaise with the Corporate Business Improvement Partner to ensure CFS adheres to the quality management systems. A primary focus of the role is to provide advice, coordination, and analysis in consultation with the Manager of Children and Family Services to improve the enterprise operations.
- Tertiary qualifications in business management, commerce or change management (e.g. Degree in Business Management or equivalent).
- Extensive experience in business development and business analysis and reporting.
- Demonstrated experience in managing, leading and developing team members with proven capacity to play a leadership role in the delivery of business support and the ability to influence cultural change.
- Demonstrated experience in managing the business needs of a multi-site division ensuring consistent delivery of business and operational support requirements.
- Extensive experience in process mapping to identify opportunities for efficiencies and improvements to practice and implement new policies, procedures and processes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, and engage with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in policy and procedure formulation.
- Demonstrated high level project management skills and experience including financial and human resources management and the capacity to manage multiple projects and deliver effective outcomes on time and on budget (minimum of 5 years’ experience).
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring of and compliance with legislation.
- Demonstrated ability to apply EEO, WH&S and ethical practice principles and to act with probity at all times.
- Demonstrated understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), and/or previous involvement in working for a registered NDIS provider.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of State and Federal Government legislation and policies relating to the provision of early education and care services, including Family Assistance Law and government funding.
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA).
SALARY & EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS:
- Permanent position, 70 hours per fortnight - This position is a Grade 5, salary range is $77,631p.a. with performance progression to $90,936 p.a
- A mobile Telephone is provided
- Fairfield City Council offers a great working environment, where your career development and work life balance matters. We offer a range of benefits including:
- Study assistance including up to 10 days study leave (when applicable)
- Wellbeing initiatives including Flu vaccination, discounted gym memberships and onsite gym.
- Free Onsite parking
- Significant leave benefits 15 days sick/personal leave, 2 days health and wellbeing leave per year.
- Access to Long Service Leave after 5 years.
- Great culture and values
FURTHER CONTACTS: Enquiries regarding the position should be directed to Juani Gomez, Manager, Children and Family Services, on 9725 0185.
CLOSING DATE: 11:59pm on Sunday, 4 June 2023.
HOW TO APPLY: Applications must address the knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience required in the Position Description. A position description is available from the contact person listed above, or from Council’s Website. To apply online visit Council’s website www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/fccjobs. Applications should be addressed to the undersigned and received by the closing date. Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council's expense.
Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer. As an inclusive workplace, we support reasonable workplace adjustment. If you do require an adjustment during the recruitment process, please notify us on your application form.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia, and may be required to undertake a national police clearance as part of the recruitment process.
We kindly ask for no recruiters at this stage.
PO BOX 21 BRADLEY CUTTS
FAIRFIELD NSW 1860 GENERAL MANAGER