About the business
Our Family Owned Centre in Murrumbeena is looking for a passionate Chef who has a flair for the Early Years and wants to improve nutrition for families and children. Chefs are an integral part of our Early Learning environment, and we are looking for someone who is passionate about food.
About the role
The Cook/Chef will ensure menus are nutritionally balanced and have knowledge of special dietary needs, allergies and family requirements.
You will need to demonstrate excellent record keeping and organisation skills, along with ensuring the kitchen functions within the parameters of all health and safety regulatory requirements whilst supporting the health and wellbeing of the children through planning and preparing nutritious meals and snacks.
- Hold a current Food Safety Supervisor certificate
- Have previous experience cooking meals within a Child Care Centre or similar environment
- Specific knowledge on the nutritional needs for children for 0-6years
- Detailed knowledge on supplying alternate, comparative menu meals for dietary/allergy
- Integrate nutrition, gardening, cooking lessons into children's curriculum and engagement
- High level of understanding of food handling, kitchen hygiene requirements and day to day running of a commercial kitchen
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to keep records in line with food program requirements
- Experience in seasonal, culturally diverse, healthy and nutritious menu planning
- Working With Children Check
- A thirst for reviewing and planning seasonal menu plans in liaison with the leadership team
- Co-ordinate the purchasing & ordering of food supplies within budget
What we offer YOU
- Above award rates
- Flexible Hours
- Discounted Child Care Fees
- Dedicated personal development program
- Various Employee benefits
- Being part of a supportive, fun team environment
Do you have what it takes to join the Bluebird Team? We would love to hear from you!
Please ensure you include the following with your application;
- Cover Letter
- Sample Menu