- Attractive Salary Packaging Options
- Supportive team environment
- Learning and Development Opportunities
About the role
We are seeking an enthusiastic and engaging Child Care Educator to join our Outside School Hours Care at our Lindfield service, on a Permanent Part-time basis. This position also covers the Responsible Person requirement, in assisting the Coordinator in providing a quality program for children, in Before and After School Care and in Vacation Care.
· Understand and use the My Time, Our Place Framework for school aged children
· Take on the position of the Responsible Person when required
· Assist the Coordinator to plan, implement and evaluate the program
· Ensure a safe, hygienic and welcoming environment, reflective of the regulatory requirements and in line with policies and procedures
· Develop positive and supportive relationships with children and families
· Develop a collaborative and positive relationship with colleagues
- Previous experience working with young / school aged children
- Cert III qualification in Children’s Services/ OSHC or working towards is desirable but not essential
- Current and valid Working With Children Check clearance
- As the Responsible Person role, you must have completed the Identify and Respond to Children and Young People at Risk.
5. Applicants will be required to disclose and evidence their COVID-19 vaccination status as part of their application for employment. If relevant, evidence of a medical contraindication certificate will be required as part of your recruitment /interview process.
At CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay we make a positive difference in the lives of the people we serve. Our services include NDIS disability services, foster care and out of home care supports, services for seniors, children’s services and a range of Community Services supports.
We are also a child-safe and child-friendly organisation.
We are a safe, respectful, and inclusive employer. We welcome all applicants, regardless of their cultural background, gender, faith or disability. Our organisation will accommodate any reasonable requests to support you to thrive during the recruitment process and beyond.
Culture and Benefits
Please find attached a video about what it means to work at CatholicCare. We also offer:
· Salary packaging benefits to receive a portion of your salary tax-free.
· A focus on employee well-being, with regular reflective/practice supervision opportunities;
· Access to training and learning opportunities.
· An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support; as well as
· An additional Paid Leave day (CatholicCare Day) to be taken at the end of the year.
How to apply
If you are interested in this opportunity, please provide a cover letter addressing the role requirements, complete your work history and education information on the application page and submit your resume.
No recruitment agencies please