THE POSITION: Fairfield City Council manages a variety of children and family services including long day care, preschool, family day care, supported playgroups, early intervention services and family support. Strong networking opportunities exist for staff who work within our services, as do internal opportunities for skill development and career progression across service types. The Children and Family Services Business Unit is strongly committed to providing opportunities for professional development including a leadership program for directors, study support (including study leave and reimbursement) and secondments across the services. Comprehensive, individualised training plans are also available, as is consistent support from the Manager.
Fairfield City Council is seeking to employ two enthusiastic Child Care Workers to join our Division. We are seeking someone who has a passion for working with children and their families from diverse cultures and backgrounds, who enjoys being challenged and supported through professional development and team environments. New graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Diploma, Associate Diploma in Child Studies or equivalent (2 year full time TAFE)
- Current first aid certificate, approved anaphylaxis management training, approved emergency asthma management training, and current HLTAID001 CPR certificate
- Working with children check
- Knowledge and understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework, National Quality Standards and the Education & Care National Regulations 2011
- Experienced and confident in providing a developmental program and curriculum for children aged between 0 and 6 years with incorporation of the EYLF and NQS
- Excellent communication skills including skills in managing conflict
- Proven experience as an effective team player
- Experience and/or passion in working with children with additional needs and from a culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
SALARY & EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS:
- Permanent position, 38 hours per fortnight
- This position is a Grade 3, salary range is $61,432 p.a. with progression to $67,807 p.a. on demonstrated competencies, with performance progression to $71,961p.a.
- A uniform is provided
Benefits of Working for Children & Family Services Include;
• Job security and stability
• Leave entitlements, including annual, 2 Health & Wellbeing Days annually, personal and parental leave (where applicable)
• Accumulative sick leave (15 days per year)
• Salary sacrifice child care
• Access to Council’s Employee Assistance Program
• Excellent Career Progression Opportunities
• Ongoing support, advice and information on the sector and curriculum
• Salary package depending on applicant’s qualification and experience with income progression as part of the annual appraisal processes
• Discounted access to Council’s Leisure Centres
• Strong professional development culture, dedicated focus on your personal and professional development,
• Generous budgets for resources and PD
• Recognition and incentive programs for exceeding performance
• Paid First Aid refresher courses
• Professional development tailored to you including coaching and mentoring on line and face to face and additional training
FURTHER CONTACTS: Enquiries regarding the position should be directed to Children & Family Services on 9725 0393.
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 14 August 2022, 11.59pm.
HOW TO APPLY: Applications must address the knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience required in the Position Description. A position description is available from the contact person listed above, or from Council’s Website. To apply online visit Council’s website www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/fccjobs. Applications should be addressed to the undersigned and received by the closing date. Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council's expense.
Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer. As an inclusive workplace, we support reasonable workplace adjustment. If you do require an adjustment during the recruitment process, please notify us on your application form.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia, and may be required to undertake a national police clearance as part of the recruitment process.
We kindly ask for no recruiters at this stage.
PO BOX 21
FAIRFIELD NSW 1860 CITY MANAGER