Community Development Officer - Melbourne
- Casual - 20 hours a week
- Great opportunity to gain experience
Guardian Childcare and Education is a community of early childhood professionals dedicated to providing high-quality early learning and care for children and families. The Guardian journey began in 2004 and today we operate and own over 130 centres nationwide and we are still growing! Now is a great time to join us!
About the role
As the Community Development Officer for selected Melbourne suburbs, you will use your excellent collaboration and relationship-building skills to help raise awareness of our childcare centres in the community. In addition to:
- You will leverage your relationship-building experience to gain distribution and promotion of our childcare materials in local businesses.
- You will be responsible for coordinating administrative, engagement and communication activities and act as the main point of contact for businesses in the community and provide introductions in to the childcare Centre Managers
- In this role, you will also work closely with our Centre and Marketing teams to build and maintain internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Day-to-day regional travel may be required to promote and energize the ecosystem and platform within our partners and businesses. Please note access to your own vehicle is required for this role.
Some of your other key responsibilities will include:
- Initiate and implement activities and events that promote community awareness of the Guardian Childcare Services.
- Establish key partnerships and represent and advocate Guardian at local businesses like doctors, dentists, cafes, community groups and mothers' groups
- Visit local businesses and share parenting collateral that may be of benefit to their customers
- Revisit businesses periodically that you have shared our promotional materials with and provide new and additional materials
- Provide timely reports on activity to key stakeholders.
Why work at Guardian?
- You'll have meaningful work, within a company that is passionate about shaping the world of tomorrow through the children of today
- A supportive environment that empowers you to thrive and gives you the autonomy, accountability, and flexibility to shape your own success
- Growing company with career development opportunities
- Childcare discounts
- Onsite discounted car parking
- Smart casual dress code every day