About the business
A rare and exciting opportunity exists for a full time Diploma Trained Educator to join our supportive team at Elanora Heights Community Preschool. Our team is long standing with some of our educators being dedicated to working at our preschool for over 10 years.
Our preschool is a well established community-based preschool offering Early Childhood Education and Care to children and families of the Northern Beaches, on beautiful Garigal Land. We focus on inspiring a connection to community and nature, nurturing a lifelong love of learning and respect for others and our natural environment.
About the role
We are seeking an educator who will compliment our collaborative team and contribute to a positive organisational culture.
Apply for this position if you are highly motivated, inspired, curious and adaptable. This position is for an educator who has a genuine passion for Early Childhood Education and is looking for a rewarding career in the early childhood sector.
The successful candidate will be available to work 5 days per week Monday to Friday between 8.00am and 4.00pm.
- Must hold a Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care.
- Current Approved Working with Children Check.
- Current First Aid, CPR, Asthma & Anaphylaxis Certificate/s (ACECQA Approved).
- Child Protection CCHPRT001 - Identify and Respond to Young People at Risk.
- As of November 8th, all people working in ECE must be fully vaccinated with two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine or provide an approved medical exemption.
- Must have a strong understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework (ELYF), National Quality Standards (NQS) and ECA Code of Ethics in practice.
- Must have a warm, supportive, respectful and caring disposition with a focus on sustaining authentic connections with children, families, colleagues, and our community in a professional context.
- Must have the ability to meaningfully document and plan for children's learning in collaboration with fellow educators. You will need to be computer literate for this role and have experience using digital documentation platforms.
- Dedication to ongoing professional learning, critical reflection and high-quality education.
Above modern award wages and conditions are in place at our preschool. Elanora Heights Community Preschool is rated as "Exceeding" the National Quality Standards. We are dedicated to the continuous improvement of our preschool and involve all staff members in the quality improvement process.
We require the successful candidate to start this Full-Time role in Term 4 2021.
If you meet the criteria, please apply with your CV including a cover letter.
Applications close: 15th October 2021.
Please contact our Director, Heidi Patrick, on 02 9913 9423 for further enquiries.
In addition to the above role, we also have the following position available starting 2022 - Dates TBC.
*** Temporary Maternity Leave Position also available starting 2022 ***
This Diploma Trained Early Childhood Educator position is available on a temporary basis however could evolve into a more permanent role for the right person.
Applications for the Diploma Trained Early Childhood Educator Maternity Leave position will close: 21 December 2021
If you meet the above Diploma Trained Early Childhood Educator criteria, please forward your CV including a cover letter to the same email address mentioned below.