St Mark’s Preschool in Northbridge seeks a new full-time Director with a view to commencement in June 2022 (negotiable). This role represents a great opportunity for an experienced Director to lead a committed team in a preschool which is well established and respected in the warm community of Northbridge on Sydney’s north shore.
St Mark’s is licenced as a 53 place Preschool and currently has three classes of 4-5 year olds and two classes of 3-4 year olds . The Preschool is currently open to children from 8:30am-3pm during school terms. It operates under the auspices of St Mark’s Anglican Church in Northbridge and is a Christian, not-for-profit centre supported by an engaged Management Committee (with church and parent representation). The Director is currently supported by a staff team of 8 educators (some part-time) and an Operations Manager.
This role will include a small teaching component but the focus is on overseeing the Preschool, its operations, and educational program. Major priorities of the role are staff management and leadership, care of all children, government compliance, relationships with families, and administration. The salary for this role is negotiable but will certainly be paid above award rates and will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience.
The successful candidate will:
- be personally committed to the Christian aims and ethos of the Preschool
- be a person of respected integrity
- have a love of children and a passion for play-based learning
- be a strong leader, but also a team player with outstanding people skills
- have a proven record of administrative skill and dependability
- be willing to enthusiastically embrace challenges and encourage change
- have previous experience as a Centre Director/Educational Leader
- have a degree in Early Childhood Education (ACECQA approved)
- possess a fluent working knowledge of the NQS and EYLF
- have a current Working With Children Check number and current child protection training
- have a current First Aid Certificate including asthma and anaphylaxis management (ACECQA approved)
Applicants should forward a resume (including qualifications and employment history), and a cover-letter which outlines why you are interested in this role and what you think you would bring to it. Applications or enquiries should be emailed to the President of the Management Committee- Rev. Simon Flinders- by no later than midnight on Sunday March 27, 2022 at firstname.lastname@example.org.