Full-Time Ongoing Position - readvertised
Early Learning Centre, International Grammar School
International Grammar School (IGS) is a vibrant, secular, coeducational school situated across five sites in Ultimo and Glebe. There are 1300 students from Preschool to Year 12 being educated in a unique bilingual environment.
At the International Grammar School Early Learning Centre our qualified, dedicated and passionate teachers and educators love what they do. We nurture each child’s curiosity, self-discovery and creativity in an environment rich in languages, music and vibrant opportunities. Through our innovative program we embrace diversity and celebrate personal achievement.
We are seeking a highly motivated Educator to join our dynamic Early Learning program which encourages children aged 3-5 years to explore and discover their world and supports the joy of learning another language - our school’s unique offering.
The successful applicant will work alongside our extraordinary team of Teachers and Educators to promote the foundations of a lifelong love of learning, immersing children in a unique program underpinned by the IGS Language and Music programs.
- ACECQA recognised Certificate III or Diploma in Early Education and Care
- Current ACECQA approved first aid, CPR, anaphylaxis and asthma certifications
- Current ACECQA approved Child Protection training or willingness to obtain
- Availability to work between the hours of 7.15am - 6.10pm, though the successful applicant will enjoy working a regular shift pattern
- Have a keen interest in immersive language (German language skills are not required but advantageous)
- Understanding of current early education and care legislation and regulations including the EYLF and NQS
- Self-motivated and taking initiative
- Demonstrated strengths-based approach in working with children and their families
- Sound computer skills.
In return for your skills and experience you will:
- Join an Early Learning program nestled in the heart of our wonderful school
- Work in a dynamic and growth-oriented team learning alongside our professional Teachers and Educators
- Be supported with the IGS Early Learning Staff Induction program and have access to ongoing mentoring from highly experienced professionals
- Access opportunities to participate in regular training and professional development - 4 student free days per year
- Have access to the Employee Assistance Program.
To apply for this position, please visit our website, www.igssyd.nsw.edu.au
To apply please:
- address your correspondence to the Principal, Ms Shauna Colnan.
- a succinct Cover Letter, 1 - 2 pages, addressing the position requirements
- your current CV with details of your experience and qualifications
- the contact details for three Referees, including your current or most recent employer
You will need to provide:
- your NSW Working with Children Clearance number and your date of birth.
- copies of related qualifications, training and transcripts, which may need to be certified and/or translated
- proof of identity will be required
- as applicable, details of your visa or work permit for verification. The successful candidate must have and maintain current working rights in Australia.
- COVID-19 vaccination status in accordance with the current IGS Vaccination Policy
Closing Date: 4pm, Tuesday 30 May 2023
- applications should be submitted as soon as possible, and interviews may commence prior to the closing date. Please note the position may be filled prior to the closing date.
- applications received after the closing date and time, may not be accepted
- IGS reserves the right to appoint, appoint by invitation, or not to appoint.