Ongoing, Full-Time Position
International Grammar School (IGS) is a vibrant, secular, coeducational school situated across five sites in Ultimo and Glebe. There are 1300 students from Preschool to Year 12 being educated in a unique bilingual environment.
At the International Grammar School Early Learning Centre our qualified, dedicated and passionate teachers and educators love what they do. We nurture each child’s curiosity, self-discovery and creativity in an environment rich in languages, music and vibrant opportunities. Together we embrace diversity and celebrate personal achievement.
We are seeking a highly motivated Educator to join our dynamic early learning program which encourages children aged 3-5 years to explore and discover their world and supports the joy of learning another language - our school’s unique offering.
You will work alongside our extraordinary team of Early Childhood Teachers and Educators to promote the foundations of a lifelong love of learning and embed Italian language learning opportunities through an immersive and intentional language program within the daily curriculum of the Centre.
· ACECQA recognised Certificate III or Diploma in Early Education and Care
· Fluency in Italian and strong understanding of Italian culture
· Current ACECQA approved first aid, CPR, anaphylaxis and asthma certifications
· Current ACECQA approved Child Protection training
· Availability to work between the hours of 7.15am - 6.10pm
· Understanding of current early education and care legislation and regulations including the EYLF and NQS
· Self-motivated and takes initiative
· Demonstrated strengths-based approach in working with children and their families
· Sound computer skills.
In return for your skills and experience you will:
· Be part of our vibrant school community
· Work in a dynamic and growth-oriented team learning alongside our professional Teachers and Educators
· Participate in regular high quality training and professional development days with the team at the commencement of each school term
· Have daily programming time allocation to prepare learning experiences and documentation
· Experience and access a range of incredible facilities on campus including the Bibliotheque adjacent the Centre
· Enjoy working in a team with high staff to child ratios (4 staff to 21 children)
· Participate in a supportive induction program
· Have access to the Employee Assistance Program.
To apply for this position, please visit our website, www.igssyd.nsw.edu.au
To apply please:
● address your correspondence to the Principal, Ms Shauna Colnan.
● a succinct Cover Letter, 1 - 2 pages, addressing the position requirements
● your current CV with details of your experience and qualifications
● the contact details for three Referees, including your current or most recent employer.
You will need to provide:
● your NSW Working with Children Clearance number and your date of birth
● copies of related qualifications and training, which may need to be certified and/or translated
● as applicable, details of your visa or work permit for verification. The successful candidate must have and maintain current working rights in Australia
● additional proof of identity may also be required
● COVID-19 vaccination status in accordance with the current IGS Vaccination Policy.
Closing Date: Tuesday 30 August 2022
· Applications should be submitted as soon as possible, and interviews may commence prior to the closing date (and the position may be filled prior to the closing date).
· Applications received after the closing date and time, may not be accepted. IGS reserves the right to appoint, appoint by invitation, or not to appoint.