Connect Child and Family Services Ltd (Connect) is a not-for-profit organisation helping families nurture and educate their children. Serving communities in the Blue Mountains, Lithgow, Hawkesbury and Western Sydney, we are committed to overcoming barriers to a child's development, their transition into school, and into community life.
Possum Patch is a 24 place long-day care centre that has served the Mt Victoria, Hartley, Mt Wilson and Blackheath communities for over 15 years. It operates out of a home-like heritage cottage located with Mt Victoria’s local primary school. Possum Patch is a community minded centre with a well-loved reputation. We are committed to nurturing, protecting and promoting the wellbeing of each child in our care.
We have vacancies for immediate start for enthusiastic and passionate Cert III or Diploma trained Early Childhood Educators, or Traineeship positions for poeple looking to start out in Early Childhood Education or further their learning by undertaking a Cert III or Diploma course
- Hold an ACECQA Approved Diploma or Cert III qualification, be working towards or willing to undertake a Traineeship.
- Clear Working with Children Check and Police Check.
- Ability to relate effectively with children and their families.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Sound communication and inter-personal skills.
- Commitment to ongoing professional learning.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Current First Aid Certificate, CPR, Anaphylaxis Management and Emergency Asthma Management Training.
- Approved Child Protection training certificate.
- Experience working in an approved education and care service.
- Knowledge and understanding of the National Quality Standards and the Early Years Learning Framework.
- Demonstrated experience in curriculum, supporting curriculum development and documenting children's learning and development.
- Experience in supporting children with additional needs/challenging behaviours
Possums Patch have recently been rated Exceeding in 3 National Quality Standard areas: “The education program enhances each child's learning and development”, “Management, educators and staff are collaborative, respectful and ethical”, and “Respectful and equitable relationships are maintained with each child”
Our values and philosophy are at the heart of everything we do. We tune in, connect and are kind. We strive for social justice, walk together and celebrate every child. We're looking to build a team of professionals who are committed to a world where children and families thrive in safe and connected communities.
As a well-established community organisation, we have a strong commitment to providing the best possible care and service to children and families and this is reflected in organisation’s culture. You will be welcomed as part of a strong and collaborative team of people who are working together to make real positive change in the local community.
With a strong focus on professional development, all our employees are encouraged to undertake ongoing training to ensure they have the tools, information and evidence to get the best outcomes for our community. And, as a growing organisation with aspirations to expand beyond its current operations, genuine career progression opportunities are available for the right person.
As a Not-for-Profit PBI organisation, Connect employees are able to access Salary Packaging options to reduce the amount of income tax you pay, effectively increasing your income.
Connect is a ChildSafe organisation.
Connect is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.