Cherrybrook Community Pre-School
Our centre is a long established and well-resourced 25 place community based, not for profit Pre-School located in Cherrybrook. With a dedicated and experienced team of friendly educators you will feel at home in this close-knit community.
Our Pre-School follows the NSW Department of Education calendar and is closed during all NSW school holidays.
We are seeking to fill the following roles:
- Early Childhood Teacher
We are seeking a qualified Early Childhood Teacher with a Bachelor of Education to join our team 5 days a week.
The position commences on Monday 10th October 2022. Hours of employment will be 8.00am to 4.00pm with children attending 8.15am to 3.45pm each day.
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood)
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current Teacher Accreditation
- Current First Aid Qualification including Emergency Asthma and Anaphylaxis
- Current Child Protection Training
- Demonstrated understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and the National Quality Standards
- Willingness to be appointed as a responsible person and educational leader
- At least three years’ experience teaching in an early childhood setting.
- Demonstrated experience in providing high quality care and education for children aged 3-5 years and working with children with additional needs.
- Demonstrated experience in curriculum development and documenting children’s learning
- Ability to relate effectively to children and their families
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Highly developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Initiative and capacity to work with minimal supervision
2. Child Care Worker
We are seeking a Child Care Worker to join our team 2 days a week (Thursday and Friday).
The position commences as soon as possible from Thursday 1st September 2022. Hours of employment will be 9.00am to 3.00pm.
- Certificate III in Children’s Services or willing to enrol and undertake training of the certificate.
- Senior First Aid Certificate.
- Acceptance from Working with Children Check.
- Experience in an Early Childhood setting or knowledge of the workings of a pre-school is desirable but not essential.
- Ability to undertake all the physical requirements required for the position in the early childhood setting such as lifting, bending, squatting, pushing, pulling, kneeling, and standing for duration.
This position is 4 hours as a non-contact position in a support role which includes setting up the outdoor environment, craft preparation, cleaning, maintaining safe and healthy environment for the children. In addition, there is 2 hours of contact position working with and supervising the children during breaks and planning time and a half hour break is included.
Please submit applications addressing the above criteria, experience, and capabilities to The Executive Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or Cherrybrook Community Pre-School Inc, Gumnut Place Cherrybrook NSW 2126. Please also include a covering letter, your current resume and the name and contact numbers of two current referees.
Only those candidates progressing through to an interview will be contacted.
Applications close Wednesday 31 August 2022 at 5.00pm.