- Work-Life Balance - This role has the flexibility to offer part-time or full-time hours - you decide!
- Financial Benefits - Receive 80% off childcare fees, access to referral programmes up to $250 and more!
- Extra Time - Receive extended programming and planning time.
- Be a Leader - Be valued as part of our Centre Leadership Team.
- Early Childhood Teacher Networking - Come together each month to discuss, learn and build.
- Ongoing Professional Development - Exclusive access to our internal professional development platform, external training and short courses.
We are looking for an Early Childhood Teacher passionate about play-based learning through an emergent curriculum for our 3-5 year old room.
This opportunity would suit a newly graduated Early Childhood Teacher looking to begin their career at an exceeding centre.
To set you up for success, you will be mentored and given ongoing leadership training. You will also receive access to ample professional development and networking opportunities.
About Your New Role:
As our new Early Childhood Teacher, your role as an active leading team member will be to provide a safe and stimulating environment which meets the needs of our children. It is your responsibility to encourage engagement and participation in curriculum decision making, inline with our curriculum, standards, and practices.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Bringing the Journey Values of connection, communication and consideration to life and reflect this in everyday practice.
- Ability to adhere to Journey’s child safe policy and code of conduct
- Work collaboratively with educators, children, and families to plan and implement an effective ongoing cycle of planning, documenting, and evaluating in line with the National Quality Framework.
- Ensure that programmes are designed, implemented, and evaluated in consultation with others to foster all aspects of child development in a holistic way.
- Develop trusting relationships with families through regular, honest and open communication regarding the care of their children.
- Extending children’s thinking and learning through intentional teaching strategies, inspiring environments, spontaneous play experiences and high-quality documentation.
- Gather and analyse information from written observations to ensure children’s strengths, interests and preferences are included in the programme and activities.
- Actively build and maintain reciprocal relationships with families and team members.
- Mentor educators in the education, care, and supervision of all children.
- Experience working in an environment guiding and supporting children up to six years old.
- Experience developing high quality programmes for children up to six years old.
- A demonstrated ability to adhere to and understand the ECA code of Ethics and the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Demonstrated understanding of appropriate behaviours while engaging with children
- Demonstrated commitment to providing a safe, caring, non-judgemental and supportive environment for children and their families.
- Experience leading and guiding a team
- ACECQA Approved bachelor’s degree (Early Education) or, working towards
- Current Valid Working with Children Check
- First Aid, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Certificates
Journey Early Learning Riverhills is where each child’s journey begins. We are proud to be an exceeding centre, catering for up to 52 children between the ages of six weeks and six years old. Our team is built on incredible foundations, with longstanding members that are incredibly excited to welcome you into the team.
Our centre is designed around play-based learning and is a veritable wonderland for all children. We are fortunate to have a sensory textured bike path, rocky paths, vegetable gardens so much more for our children and educators to explore to inspire creativity.
We truly value community connections and that’s why we have our very own community street library, that is accessible for any old or new friends. We also take part in a school readiness program with Middle Park State School.
About Journey Early Learning:
At Journey Early Learning, we aim to create an environment that is safe, secure and homely, where everyone feels welcome. Our future is one filled with endless possibilities and growth opportunities, and together, we’ve developed an educational approach that is inspiring, stimulating and encouraging.
When it comes to early learning, our educators have a vital role to play. Journey educators are passionate, considerate, educated, inspirational and welcoming. Our educators understand that learning is a journey and enjoy developing deeper connections with children, families, and the wider community.
Every journey must begin somewhere, and yours begins right here. Apply today!
Journey Early Learning…where it all begins.
Journey Early Learning promotes the safety, wellbeing, and inclusion of all children, including those with a disability, from a culturally or linguistically diverse background. We are committed to the safety, participation, and empowerment of all children.