About the role
As our new Early Childhood Teacher, your role as an active leading team member will be to provide a safe and stimulating environment which meets the needs of our children. It is your responsibility to encourage engagement and participation in curriculum decision making, inline with our curriculum, standards, and practices.
- Bringing the Journey Values of connection, communication and consideration to life and reflect this in everyday practice.
- Ability to adhere to Journey’s child safe policy and code of conduct
- Work collaboratively with educators, children, and families to plan and implement an effective ongoing cycle of planning, documenting, and evaluating in line with the National Quality Framework.
- Ensure that programmes are designed, implemented, and evaluated in consultation with others to foster all aspects of child development in a holistic way.
- Develop trusting relationships with families through regular, honest and open communication regarding the care of their children.
- Extending children’s thinking and learning through intentional teaching strategies, inspiring environments, spontaneous play experiences and high-quality documentation.
- Gather and analyse information from written observations to ensure children’s strengths, interests and preferences are included in the programme and activities.
- Actively build and maintain reciprocal relationships with families and team members.
- Mentor educators in the education, care, and supervision of all children.
- Experience working in an environment guiding and supporting children up to six years old.
- Experience developing high quality programmes for children up to six years old.
- A demonstrated ability to adhere to and understand the ECA code of Ethics and the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Demonstrated understanding of appropriate behaviours while engaging with children
- Demonstrated commitment to providing a safe, caring, non-judgemental and supportive environment for children and their families.
- Experience leading and guiding a team
- ACECQA Approved bachelor’s degree (Early Education) or, working towards
- Current Valid Working with Children Check
- First Aid, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Certificates
- Journey Academy - Access to over 60 accredited training & short courses accredited by the Early Childhood Association of Australia.
- Early Childhood Teacher Networking - Come together each month with other Early Childhood Teachers at Journey to discuss, learn and build.
- Be a Leader - Be valued as part of our Centre Leadership Team and receive ongoing leadership training.
- Extra Time - Receive extended programming and planning time.
- Above Award Benefits – Receive access to paid birthday leave, paid annual volunteer day and more...
Journey Early Learning Whittlesea is a warm and homely centre catering for up to 70 children per day that inspires adventure and joy in all children. Exceeding the National Quality Standards, Whittlesea prides itself on its embedded Exceeding practices and this is seen in every interaction, activity, and connection.
With a recently renovated outdoor play-space, our environment will bring out the explorer in you. We have native gardens, rock beds, wooden bridges and an incredible edible garden that is maintained by our little adventurers and educators.
Our Centre Manager Sheri has been in the sector for over 20 years and is committed to building strong and meaningful relationships with children, families and educators.
Our educators love building strong community ties, you can often find us on an adventure connecting with a variety of community services or exploring our natural environments through our Bush Kinder program.
At Journey Early Learning, we aim to create an environment that is safe, secure and homely, where everyone feels welcome. Our future is one filled with endless possibilities and growth opportunities, and together, we’ve developed an educational approach that is inspiring, stimulating and encouraging.
When it comes to early learning, our educators have a vital role to play. Journey educators are passionate, considerate, educated, inspirational and welcoming. Our educators understand that learning is a journey and enjoy developing deeper connections with children, families, and the wider community.
Every journey must begin somewhere, and yours begins right here. Apply today! Journey Early Learning…where it all begins.
Journey Early Learning promotes the safety, wellbeing, and inclusion of all children, including those with a disability, from a culturally or linguistically diverse background. We are committed to the safety, participation, and empowerment of all children.