- Be a Leader - Be valued as part of our Centre Leadership Team and recieve Leadership training.
- Early Childhood Teacher Networking - Come together each month to discuss, learn and build.
- Journey Academy - Access to accredited training & short courses.
- Extra Time - Receive extended programming and planning time.
- Paid Birthday Leave – Celebrate your special day on us!
Journey Early Learning Lucas is a warm and welcoming centre catering for up to 80 children a day, between the ages of six weeks and six years old. With a long-standing team of educators, community & connection are embedded into each practice and tie that we build.
With spacious rooms with natural light and play spaces, Lucas is the ideal place for our little adventurers who have a natural sense of curiosity and creativity.
About the role
As our new Early Childhood Teacher, your role as an active leading team member will be to provide a safe and stimulating environment which meets the needs of our children. It is your responsibility to encourage engagement and participation in curriculum decision making, inline with our curriculum, standards, and practices.
- Bringing the Journey Values of connection, communication and consideration to life and reflect this in everyday practice.
- Ability to adhere to Journey’s child safe policy and code of conduct
- Work collaboratively with educators, children, and families to plan and implement an effective ongoing cycle of planning, documenting, and evaluating in line with the National Quality Framework.
- Ensure that programmes are designed, implemented, and evaluated in consultation with others to foster all aspects of child development in a holistic way.
- Develop trusting relationships with families through regular, honest and open communication regarding the care of their children.
- Extending children’s thinking and learning through intentional teaching strategies, inspiring environments, spontaneous play experiences and high-quality documentation.
- Gather and analyse information from written observations to ensure children’s strengths, interests and preferences are included in the programme and activities.
- Actively build and maintain reciprocal relationships with families and team members.
- Mentor educators in the education, care, and supervision of all children.
- Experience working in an environment guiding and supporting children up to six years old.
- Experience developing high quality programmes for children up to six years old.
- A demonstrated ability to adhere to and understand the ECA code of Ethics and the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Demonstrated understanding of appropriate behaviours while engaging with children
- Demonstrated commitment to providing a safe, caring, non-judgemental and supportive environment for children and their families.
- Experience leading and guiding a team
- ACECQA Approved bachelor’s degree (Early Education) or, working towards
- Current Valid Working with Children Check
- First Aid, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Certificates
At Journey Early Learning, we aim to create an environment that is safe, secure and homely, where everyone feels welcome. Our future is one filled with endless possibilities and growth opportunities, and together, we’ve developed an educational approach that is inspiring, stimulating and encouraging.
When it comes to early learning, our educators have a vital role to play. Journey educators are passionate, considerate, educated, inspirational and welcoming. Our educators understand that learning is a journey and enjoy developing deeper connections with children, families, and the wider community.
Every journey must begin somewhere, and yours begins right here. Apply today! Journey Early Learning…where it all begins.
Journey Early Learning promotes the safety, wellbeing, and inclusion of all children, including those with a disability, from a culturally or linguistically diverse background. We are committed to the safety, participation, and empowerment of all children.