Qualifications – Degree in Early Childhood Education or Diploma in Early Childhood Education
For our Assistant Director Role
We are seeking a full time or part time Assistant Director for a combined role
- Supporting the Management Team, working with the Approved Provider and Director/Educational Leader; and
- Room Leader/on the floor senior educator: working with our children and families and supporting and guiding our amazing team of educators.
Experience – minimum of 5 years room leader experience.
We are looking for someone who can confidently:
- Complete required room specific documentation including program planning, observations, project work, cleaning/daily check information.
- Support the development and implication of educational programs including cycles of planning, designing of learning experiences and learning environments that follow children’s interest and promote their development and completing evaluation/reflection documentation.
- Support the children families in the centre to feel a sense of belonging and follow their input and ideas into the centre/program.
- Actively explore opportunities to connect with our local communities including excursion opportunities.
- Apply knowledge of the EYLF/NQS/NQF and National Law/Regulations across aspects of the centre including the development and ongoing maintenance of our QIP/Self Assessment tool. Must have previous experience with Assessment and Rating having had input to and responsibility for compiling the QIP/Self Assessment
- Mentor and support less experienced educators.
- Support the preparation and implementation of educator rostering.
- Commitment to incorporating and implementing Indigenous perspectives, inclusion and diversity into the educational program.
For our Room Leader Applicants
This position includes responsibility for developing, providing and documenting a high quality, developmentally appropriate children’s education program in collaboration with staff, families and children, which supports and enriches children’s learning.
Experience – minimum of 3 years room leader experience.
What we are looking for:
- An educator with strong leadership and communication skills, with the ability to complete written documentation.
- Confidence in approaching and talking to fellow educators and parents.
- An enthusiastic, motivated team player who is creative, reliable and honest.
- An educator with a passion for children and education and a hunger for career development.
- Strong knowledge of all responsibilities associated with being a nominated supervisor to manage the service in accordance with Education and Care Services National Law Act and Regulations.
- Relevant experience in developing, documenting and evaluating high quality, developmentally appropriate educational programs for Preschool children.
- In-depth understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Framework and is successful with implementing this within the programs and environment of a service.
- Commitment to incorporating and implementing Indigenous perspectives, inclusion and diversity into the educational program
- Our Educators are required to operate in a professional manner at all times, meeting the regulatory requirements of all relevant legislation and guidelines.
Midson Road Child Care Centre is a family owned child care centre in Epping. The Centre is a long day care Centre for children birth to 6 years and has 57 children a day. We have been operating for 23 years and hold a high reputation within our local community.
We are regarded as a leader in early childhood education and offer an exciting, progressive and supportive place to work. Our team looks forward to career development opportunities as well as ongoing training and personal development. Our team enjoys the support of an experiences and committed Director and Management Team who recognise the importance of teamwork, respect and support in creating a happy and cohesive team for the centre.
We have an amazing environment to work with our natural sustainable outdoor play spaces and our warm educational light filled indoor spaces. We are passionate about providing exceptional childcare and want only the best to join our organisation that truly wants to make a difference in the lives of children and families.
Take a look at our Facebook Page Midson Road Child Care Centre | Facebook https://www.facebook.com/MidsonRdCCC and our website Midson Road Childcare Centre https://www.midsonroadchildcare.com.au/ for more information.
The Legal Stuff:
Must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
All applicants will be screened under the requirements of the Child Protection Act, a current Working with Children Check, Police Check and Reference Checks will be completed and required before position can begin.
Send us your resume and a cover letter to : email@example.com
Centre is open Monday to Friday between 7am – 6pm and shift rotate during these times (some flexibility may be available upon request).
Only successful applicants will be contacted.