Amigoss Preschool and Long Day Care Co-operative Limited is a not-for-profit organisation providing quality services for children and families since 1980. We are located in Glebe, approx. 10 Mins from Sydney CBD. We are a Bilingual Spanish Early Learning Centre.
We've grown to be one of the most competitive not-for-profit children's services organisations in Sydney's inner west: We are open 51 weeks of the year, and we cater for children from 6 months to 6 Years.
Qualifications & experience
- An ACECQA approved ECT qualification.
- A NESA teacher-approved registration
- Current Working with Children's check
- Current Police check
- Current First Aid and Asthma & Anaphylaxis certificates
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience in delivering high-quality education and care (long day care setting preferable) of at least 2 years: Knowledge and experience in planning, programming and observing
- Excellent knowledge of National Quality Framework
- Knowledge of child protection law and procedures
- Knowledge of the Quality Improvement Plan development and implementation.
- Desirable: Fluent Spanish language.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Ensure that a developmentally and educationally appropriate program is planned and implemented for each child;
- Create a friendly, secure, stimulating and interactive learning environment for children and constantly strive to reflect and improve on the efficacy of current programs and routines
- Maintain a positive working relationship with fellow team members
- Sustain effective communication with parents to support their child's journey;
- Ensure health and safety standards are adhered to at all times and be a strong leader in educational practice and pedagogy.
- You will have a strong knowledge of the EYLF, NQS and implementing a Quality Improvement Plan(QIP)
- Leading and mentoring a team of amazing and passionate Educators: provide supervision, assistance and guidance to Educators and students.
- Ensure health and safety standards are adhered to at all times
- You will work in a supportive and fun work environment, giving you a perfect place to take the next step in your career in early childhood education. Amigoss Preschool has been operating since 1980 and has a great reputation in the local community with high staff retention.
- You will have excellent access to professional development opportunities.
- You will be provided with uniforms and a daily lunch refreshment.
To apply, please submit your CV, along with a cover letter: you will need to be able to demonstrate experience working in early childhood in AUSTRALIA.
Please note that unsuccessful candidates will not be contacted.