About Our Centre…
Styles Street Community Child Care Centre is a not for profit community based child care established in 1973 with a rich and long history in our local community. This 60 place early childhood education and care centre caters to children aged 2 years to school age and has a philosophy that ensures we strive towards providing a welcoming, warm and caring environment for all the children and their families. Styles Street Children's Community Long Day Care Centre sees itself as an extension of the home environment and as a community we recognise and support the importance of the family unit. We are committed to the care and early childhood education of each and every child.
This is an exciting opportunity to join this exceeding rated centre in the Inner West!
About the role and ECT /Room Leader we are looking for…
We are looking for a full-time fixed-term contract Early Childhood Teacher to join our centre. The contract will run from mid June 2022 - mid June 2023. You will be working alongside our high quality educators in the 3-4 year old room. This is an exciting and rare opportunity to join a passionate and dedicated team. This ECT needs to be kind and caring and make contributions to our emergent curriculum that is evolving and reflective of the Early Years Learning Framework. They should also have a collaborative leadership style and be an advocate for children and a professional who makes decisions based on the best interests of the children. This person should be one who is up for a challenge and who is eager to mentor and lead this team, challenge and evoke their current philosophy and practice, and create a reflective and open team environment. The ECT we are looking for meets the below selection criteria:
Essential Selection Criteria
- ACECQA Approved Diploma or Bachelor of Teaching/Education in Early Childhood or equivalent
- Child Protection training
- Current Early Childhood First Aid qualifications
- Strong understanding of Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and National Quality Standards (NQS)
- Understanding of current pedagogical thinking and research
- Experience in providing a play-based curriculum
- A commitment to child safety and comply with Child and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act 1998
- Experience and/or an understanding of transitioning children to school
- Collaborative leadership skills
- Understanding of the importance of relationships and social and emotional skills for children’s learning and wellbeing.
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Experience in a leadership role and/or demonstrated leadership abilities
- Extensive and recent practice-based early childhood education experience (aged birth to 8 years)
So what's in it for YOU?
- Support from a highly qualified team and opportunities for mentoring as needed
- ABOVE Award pay and condition
- 5 weeks Annual Leave as well as RDOs
- 12 months fixed-term contract
- This centre has a Non-Teaching Director and runs ABOVE RATIOS and QUALIFICATIONS
- 5 hours of dedicated programming time per week (flexibility to occasionally work from home) as well as access to IT to support your documentation
- Career progression opportunities
- Dedicated professional development budget assigned to YOU
- Centre operating hours of 7.30am – 6.00pm
To apply for the position please send the following to email@example.com:
- A cover letter
- A copy of your CV
All applicants are subject to reference and screening as required by legislation at the time of registration (NSW Working with Children Check).