About the business
Warren Preschool is a 60-place service operating from 8am to 4pm, 5 days per week during school terms. We offer spacious indoor and outdoor learning environments, with our outdoor space renovated this year.
About the role
This position provides the opportunity for an enthusiastic, motivated, and committed candidate to fill the full-time position of early childhood teacher in our 2 - 4 year old room. The candidate has the opportunity to join and inspire a motivated and experienced team, delivering a quality and professional early childhood education in a well-established community based not-for-profit service.
Warren is situated 120km west of Dubbo, the preschool caring for and educating children aged 2 to 6 years from diverse cultural backgrounds. The service is long established and well respected in the community. Parents are elected annually to the Management Committee to work in collaboration with staff on service delivery.
How to apply
A signed and dated application, including a covering letter and resume, addressed to the President of the Management Committee is to be emailed to the preschool by Friday October 15, 2021. Only shortlisted applicants who have met the requirements stated will be contacted for an interview.
The application must address the following criteria and a description detailing experience or an outline of how the applicant intends to meet these essential criteria needs to be included:
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum qualification is a Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood) approved by ACECQA.
- Current First Aid, Asthma, Anaphylaxis and Child Protection training and be registered for teacher accreditation in NSW through NESA
- Current Working with Children Check.
- Relevant knowledge needs to be demonstrated of your sound understanding of the National Law and Regulations, NQF and NQS, the seven Quality Areas and using the Self-Assessment Tool and /or developing a QIP, how to implement the EYLF into curriculum.
- Outline your previous experience in professional verbal and written communications, including solid computer literacy skills, that would contribute to the growth and development of a productive and harmonious relationship with your team, families, other professionals, and committee
- Experience working with 2 to 6 years old children in a community-based not-for-profit service
- Experience working with children with specific needs and from different cultural background
- Experience engaging and building professional relationships with staff, families, and community.
References: A minimum of two phone referees, relating to the applicant’s experience in Early Childhood Education. Ideally, one of which would be your current Supervisor/Manager/Director.