About the business/council
Fairfield City Council oversees one of the biggest and most multicultural local government areas in Australia. With 27 suburbs, over 200,000 residents and a local community that speaks more than 70 different languages, working with Fairfield City Council is a chance to work in a unique, challenging and dynamic environment.
Fairfield City Council offers an exciting career that supports and encourages development, personal and professional growth, appreciates the importance of work/life balance, recognises and rewards performance and embraces change.
About the role
Early Childhood Teachers
If your passion is for early education and care, and our vision, that ‘Every child reaches their highest potential’ resonates with you, then we would like to hear from you. Join Children and Family Services on the journey to enhance children’s lives and work in a team who are leading by delivering best practice in the Early Education and Care Sector.
Find a sense of fulfilment and enjoy being challenged to grow within your career through professional development and inspirational team environments.
Fairfield City Council manages a variety of children and family services including long day care, preschool, family day care, supported playgroups, early intervention services and family support services. Strong networking opportunities and support exists for educators who work within our services, as do internal opportunities for skills development and career progression across service types. The Children and Family Services Business Unit is strongly committed to providing opportunities for professional development including a leadership program for emerging directors, study support including study leave and reimbursement secondments across the services. Comprehensive training plans to suit individuals are also available and consistent support from the Management Team.
Fairfield City Council is seeking to employ 3 enthusiastic Early Childhood Teachers that are highly motivated with a focus on excellence, leadership and innovation. New graduates are encouraged to apply. You will be working as part of a dynamic team to meet the individual programming needs of children 0-5 years.
- Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council's expense. Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer.
- Applications must address the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description. Your resume should also be able to reflect the skills required.
- Applicants must provide two current work references (Reference name, title and business phone number is required. Mobile numbers are not recommended).
- If you are successful to the final interview all qualifications and memberships must be supplied, by providing certified copies, and will be confirmed by Council.
- The successful applicant may be required to undertake a National Police Clearance prior to commencement.
- A position description is available from the contact person listed above, or from Council’s website. We kindly ask for no recruiters at this stage.
Please contact Children and Family Services on 9725 0393 if you have any questions regarding the position.
To apply please visit Council’s website www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au or mail your application addressed to Alan Young, City Manager, PO Box 21, Fairfield NSW 1860. Applications close on Sunday 29 August 2021, 11.59pm.