$87,116.00 per annum plus Superannuation
Term Contract up to 5 January 2024
Full Time position
Option to work under a 19-day month arrangement
At the City of Sydney our people are our most important asset and central to achieving our exciting and ambitious Sustainable Sydney 2030-2050 Continuing the Vision – developing a green, global and connected city.
The City of Sydney's Education and Care Services team is seeking a highly skilled and motivated team member to join our team of educators.
You will have demonstrated experience and skills in caring for and educating children aged 0 to 6 years old in an early learning environment.
Other selection criteria include:
- early childhood degree or approved equivalent (as approved by ACECQA)
- Working with Children Check Certification
- current First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis qualifications (as approved by ACECQA)
- demonstrated practical experience in the provision of an early childhood education and care service for children aged 0-5 years, including active supervision and behaviour guidance
- ability to plan, implement and evaluate an educational program based on the Early Years Learning Framework
- demonstrate a strong commitment to the provision of high-quality early childhood education and care
- demonstrate highly effective interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise with parents and other community agencies.
The City of Sydney offers employees unparalleled employment benefits including accelerated long-service leave, flexible working arrangements and attractive maternity and paternity entitlements.
Do you want to be part of something challenging and rewarding? Are you passionate about serving our community? The City of Sydney might be the right career move for you.
To apply: Click on the 'Apply' button to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and respond to the online application questions that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
This role will require a national criminal check, Working With Children Check, pre-employment medical examination and pre-employment health declaration.
The City of Sydney has mandated vaccination for all employees. The successful applicant will be required to provide evidence of COVID-19 vaccination.
Position description: CLICK HERE to view or download the position description.
Applications must be made online via the City of Sydney’s website by 11.59pm, Sunday 18 December 2022.
For further information contact: Bianca Nuku, Early Childhood Services Coordinator on 02 9246 7886.
Employee Benefits: CLICK HERE for more information on the benefits of working in Council.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and value diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We encourage all applicants, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, LGBTIQ and culturally diverse communities to join Council.
The City of Sydney will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process. If you identify as a person with disability and require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 9265 9333 and indicate your preferred method of communication (email or phone).