- Ongoing Professional Development - Exclusive access to our internal professional development platform, external training and short courses.
- Networking Opportunities – Collaborate with, and build relationships across the journey community through centre visits, events and networking opportunities.
- Ongoing Leadership Training - Continue your leadership development and growth with our internal and external leadership training and short courses.
- Be a Leader - Be valued as part of our Centre Leadership Team.
- Financial Benefits - Receive 80% off childcare fees, access to referral programmes up to $250 and more!
About Taylors Hill:
Journey Early Learning Taylors Hill is a brand-new purpose-built centre that caters for 132 children between the ages of six weeks and six years. With state-of-the-art facilities and environments, our indoor and outdoor play spaces are built to spark wonder, joy and excitement in all children, families, educators and, visitors. Whether it be bug hunting on the exploration trail or looking after our sustainability garden, Taylors Hill is equipped to support children’s learning and development in a safe and holistic manner.
Our team is built on the foundations of connection, communication and consideration with an inspiring and knowledgeable Centre Manager who focuses on offering continuous support and opportunities to each member of the team. We pride ourselves on building connections with neighbours, schools, local businesses, and community organisations.
About Your New Role:
As our Educational Leader, you will hold an influential role in inspiring, motivating, affirming, and extending the practice and pedagogy of educators across the centre. In partnership with the Centre Manager and team, you will endeavour to involve inquiry and reflection to positively impact the important work and connections with children and families.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Bringing the Journey Values of connection, communication and consideration to life and reflect this in everyday practice.
- Ability to adhere to Journey’s child-safe policy and code of conduct
- Bringing the Journey Standards to life while ensuring all team members understand and are following these.
- Develop and monitor individual and group coaching plans.
- Monitor and approve centre Storypark posts
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the centres Quality Improvement Plan (QIP)
- Role modelling, driving, supporting, and reflecting on agreed practice
- Engaging with families and the community
- Conducting and supporting professional conversations
- Being an active member of the Centre Leadership Team
- Guiding and participating in the Lead Educator meetings.
- A demonstrated commitment to providing a safe, caring, non-judgemental and supportive environment for all children and their families
- A demonstrated ability to adhere to and understand the ECA Code of Ethics and the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Demonstrated understanding of appropriate behaviours while engaging with children
- Experience leading and guiding a team
- ACECQA Approved Diploma in Children’s Services or bachelor’s degree (Early Education) or, working towards
- Current Working with Children Check
- First Aid, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Certificates
- Full Rights to Work in Australia
- State-specific Teachers Registration
About Journey Early Learning:
At Journey Early Learning, we aim to create an environment that is safe, secure and homely, where everyone feels welcome. Our future is one filled with endless possibilities and growth opportunities, and together, we’ve developed an educational approach that is inspiring, stimulating and encouraging.
When it comes to early learning, our educators have a vital role to play. Journey educators are passionate, considerate, educated, inspirational and welcoming. Our educators understand that learning is a journey and enjoy developing deeper connections with children, families, and the wider community.
Every journey must begin somewhere, and yours begins right here. Apply today!
Journey Early Learning…where it all begins.
Journey Early Learning promotes the safety, wellbeing, and inclusion of all children, including those with a disability, from a culturally or linguistically diverse background. We are committed to the safety, participation, and empowerment of all children.