- Ongoing Leadership Training - Continue your leadership development and growth with our internal and external leadership training and short courses.
- Networking Opportunities – Collaborate with, and build relationships across the journey community through centre visits, events and networking opportunities.
- Financial Benefits - Receive 80% off childcare fees, access to referral programmes up to $250 and more!
- Life Balance - Flexible work hours so you achieve real work & life balance!
- High-Quality Resources & Environments - Our environments spark creation, inspiration and pure joy in educators, families and visitors
Journey Early Learning Burwood is our perfectly located centre, catering for up to 132 children between the ages of six weeks and six years old. With over 30 different cultures across the centre, Burwood is a place where every child, family and educator feels a strong sense of belonging. Our centre has been designed to bring out the explorer in you, with two large, covered play spaces, water play, and large open plan rooms filled with resources to spark curiosity in every child.
Located opposite St Scholastica’s Catholic Primary School, just off the Burwood Highway on Starling Street, our centre is easily accessible for our families, educators and visitors.
About Your New Role:
As our Educational Leader, you will hold an influential role in inspiring, motivating, affirming, and extending the practice and pedagogy of educators across the centre. In partnership with the Centre Manager and team, you will endeavour to involve inquiry and reflection to positively impact the important work and connections with children and families.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Bringing the Journey Values of connection, communication and consideration to life and reflect this in everyday practice.
- Ability to adhere to Journey’s child-safe policy and code of conduct
- Bringing the Journey Standards to life while ensuring all team members understand and are following these.
- Develop and monitor individual and group coaching plans.
- Monitor and approve centre Storypark posts
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the centres Quality Improvement Plan (QIP)
- Role modelling, driving, supporting, and reflecting on agreed practice
- Engaging with families and the community
- Conducting and supporting professional conversations
- Being an active member of the Centre Leadership Team
- Guiding and participating in the Lead Educator meetings.
- A demonstrated commitment to providing a safe, caring, non-judgemental and supportive environment for all children and their families
- A demonstrated ability to adhere to and understand the ECA Code of Ethics and the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Demonstrated understanding of appropriate behaviours while engaging with children
- Experience leading and guiding a team
- ACECQA Approved Diploma in Children’s Services or bachelor’s degree (Early Education) or, working towards
- Current Working with Children Check
- First Aid, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Certificates
- Full Rights to Work in Australia
- State-specific Teachers Registration
About Journey Early Learning:
At Journey Early Learning, we aim to create an environment that is safe, secure and homely, where everyone feels welcome. Our future is one filled with endless possibilities and growth opportunities, and together, we’ve developed an educational approach that is inspiring, stimulating and encouraging.
When it comes to early learning, our educators have a vital role to play. Journey educators are passionate, considerate, educated, inspirational and welcoming. Our educators understand that learning is a journey and enjoy developing deeper connections with children, families, and the wider community.
Every journey must begin somewhere, and yours begins right here. Apply today!
Journey Early Learning…where it all begins.
Journey Early Learning promotes the safety, wellbeing, and inclusion of all children, including those with a disability, from a culturally or linguistically diverse background. We are committed to the safety, participation, and empowerment of all children.