About Your New Role:
As our Educational Leader, you will hold an influential role in inspiring, motivating, affirming, and extending the practice and pedagogy of educators across the centre. In partnership with the Centre Manager and team, you will endeavour to involve inquiry and reflection to positively impact the important work and connections with children and families.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Bringing the Journey Values of connection, communication and consideration to life and reflect this in everyday practice
- Ability to adhere to Journey’s child-safe policy and code of conduct
- Bringing the Journey Standards to life while ensuring all team members understand and are following these
- Develop and monitor individual and group coaching plans
- Monitor and approve centre Storypark posts
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the centres Quality Improvement Plan (QIP)
- Role modelling, driving, supporting, and reflecting on agreed practice
- Engaging with families and the community
- Conducting and supporting professional conversations
- Being an active member of the Centre Leadership Team
- Guiding and participating in Lead Educator meetings
- A demonstrated commitment to providing a safe, caring, non-judgemental and supportive environment for all children and their families
- A demonstrated ability to adhere to and understand the ECA Code of Ethics and the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Demonstrated understanding of appropriate behaviours while engaging with children
- Experience leading and guiding a team
- ACECQA Approved Diploma in Children’s Services or bachelor’s degree (Early Education) or, working towards
- Current Working with Children Check
- First Aid, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Certificates
- Full Rights to Work in Australia
- Financial Benefits - Receive 80% off childcare fees, access to referral programmes up to $250 and more!
- Ongoing Leadership Training - Continue your leadership development and growth with our internal and external leadership training and short courses.
- Educational Leader Network - Be a part of the Educational Leader network at Journey and come together each month to discuss, learn and build.
- Networking Opportunities – Collaborate with, and build relationships across the journey community through centre visits, events and networking opportunities.
- Anniversary Gift – We value and recognise our people for their commitment and contribution.
Journey Early Learning Banyo is a modern, 61 place centre with landscaped native gardens and incredible indoor environments to inspire creativity of children. With an open plan design, our centre is the perfect space for curiosity and adventure.
Our Centre Manager, Hazel has worked within the sector for close to 20 years and is inspired by creating an atmosphere where children and families are respected and have a sense of belonging. Hazel is committed to respecting the rights of each child and encouraging a sense of agency.
Through our community connections, children have the opportunity to go on adventures, visit the Earnshaw State College for ‘Fitness Fridays’ and enjoy regular swimming lessons on Fridays.
Banyo is the perfect place for you to start your career with Journey, with an incredibly supportive team and opportunities to extend on your own learning in an incredible environment.
About Journey Early Learning:
At Journey Early Learning, we aim to create an environment that is safe, secure and homely, where everyone feels welcome. Our future is one filled with endless possibilities and growth opportunities, and together, we’ve developed an educational approach that is inspiring, stimulating and encouraging.
When it comes to early learning, our educators have a vital role to play. Journey educators are passionate, considerate, educated, inspirational and welcoming. Our educators understand that learning is a journey and enjoy developing deeper connections with children, families, and the wider community.
Every journey must begin somewhere, and yours begins right here. Apply today!
Journey Early Learning…where it all begins.
Journey Early Learning promotes the safety, wellbeing, and inclusion of all children, including those with a disability, from a culturally or linguistically diverse background. We are committed to the safety, participation, and empowerment of all children.