About the business
Kellyville Preschool is a 42-place service offering a 3 day/2 day program, with spacious indoor and outdoor learning environments.
Kellyville is situated in the north-western suburbs of Sydney, the preschool caring for and educating children aged 3 to 6 years from diverse cultural backgrounds. The service is long established and well respected in the community. Parents are elected annually to the Management Committee to work in collaboration with staff on service delivery.
About the role
This position provides the opportunity for an enthusiastic, innovative, and committed candidate to fill the full-time position of Director/Nominated Supervisor, to lead and inspire a motivated and experienced team, delivering a quality and professional early childhood education in a well-established community based not-for-profit service.
We are seeking to employ a professional early childhood qualified teacher to oversee the operation and development of the service.
The successful applicant must be an experienced teacher and/or non-teaching Director, over 18 years of age to work 5 days a week as an administrator.
The position commences at the beginning of the school year, Term 1, 2022. A comprehensive handover period will be provided to the successful applicant, which will include obtaining a pre-employment medical, arranged, and funded by the preschool. An Enterprise Agreement is in place with above award employment conditions and pay, within a well-resourced and environmentally responsible workplace.
The application must address the following criteria and a description detailing experience or an outline of how the applicant intends to meet these criteria needs to be included:
- Qualifications and experience. Minimum qualification is a Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood) approved by ACECQA.
- Current First Aid, Asthma, Anaphylaxis and Child Protection training and be registered for teacher accreditation in NSW through NESA
- Current Working with Children Check.
- The position includes the role of Nominated Supervisor. A willingness to accept this role and a demonstration of the skills necessary to perform the role is required.
- Relevant knowledge needs to be demonstrated of your sound understanding of the National Law and Regulations, NQF and NQS, the seven Quality Areas and using the Self-Assessment Tool and /or developing a QIP, how to implement the EYLF into curriculum, plus details of your skills in reviewing service philosophy, policies, and procedures.
- Outline your previous experience in professional verbal and written communications, including solid computer literacy skills, that would contribute to the growth and development of a productive and harmonious relationship with your team, families, other professionals, and committee.
- References: A minimum of two phone referees, relating to the applicant’s experience in Early Childhood Education. Ideally, one of which would be your current Supervisor/Manager/Director.
- Experience working with 3 to 6 years old children in a community-based not-for-profit service.
- Demonstration of relevant leadership skills in the building and management of a staff team in an early childhood service.
- Experience working with children with specific needs and from different cultural backgrounds.
- Experience engaging in and building professional relationships with staff, families, and community.
A signed and dated application, including a covering letter and resume, addressed to the President of the Management Committee is to be emailed to the preschool by Friday Novemver 12, 2021. Only shortlisted applicants who have met the requirements stated will be contacted for an interview.
Contact Rhonda Holland and Adriana Cester on 02 9629 2174