We have a great opportunity for a motivated & experienced OOSH Educator to lead a wonderful Service in Sydney's East. Use your skills to do something exciting within an already high-performing, exceeding OOSH Service!
About our Organisation: Galaxy Outside School Hours is a privately owned school age care provider based in Sydney's Eastern Suburbs. Our culture of consistency, high quality & commitment to continuous improvement is unwavering.
About the Service: We are a small (45 place), Exceeding rated Service. We have our own dedicated OOSH space & a great, well-established relationship with the school community and our wonderful families. The Service is very well resourced. You would be working alongside a great team of people including a network of Coordinators from other local Services.
About the Role: This is a full-time, child facing role that will keep you meaningfully connected to the children & families of the Service.
You will be highly supported by the Area Manager/Director & The Educational Program & Practice Manager, as well a consistent & committed small team of Educators.
You will work with the Accounts Manager to ensure that family’s accounts are kept up to date (n.b. All families are on a fortnightly direct debit system which is processed by our Accounts manager)
This role consists of 30 hours face to face = 5 x split shifts & 8 hours of administration (2 x hours fixed working alongside our organisational management team & 6 hours flexible around your own commitments. Enjoy some large gaps in your day & take advantage of working close to home or of the local lifestyle opportunities.
This position is identified at Level 5 of the Children's Services Award & remuneration is above award.
Essential Criteria: (or willing to obtain)
· Cleared WWCC for paid employment
· Police Check
· Accredited Child Protection Training & knowledge of current legislation
· Current First Aid, Asthma & Anaphylaxis Training
· Relevant childcare, teaching or OOSH qualifications and/or experience
· Relevant experience working with children 5-12 years (consideration will also be given to candidates with experience working with children 0-5 years)
· Experience, knowledge and education in play based learning experiences and planning relevant programs
· Knowledge of the National Quality Framework
· Passion for working with people
· Strong interpersonal skills – confidence, maturity and sensitivity in responding to the needs of parents, children, staff and other community members
· Exceptional organizational skills
· Exceptional communication skills
· Developing, implementing and evaluating a weekly program to enhance the physical, social, emotional and intellectual development of 5-12 year old children
· Directing and supervising Educators with regards to the care, supervision & safety of children
· Ensuring a safe centre and environment for children, staff and visitors including WHS
· Client liaising and management of relationships
· Investment into forming positive and engaging relationships with children
· Compliance with relevant government requirements, regulations and standards
· Maintaining records and accounts including enrolments
· Staff supervision & training
For more information about this role, or to apply, please send the following information to:
· Cover letter addressing your capacity for the role
· Your resume or CV
· A minimum of three professional references including contact details
All enquiries are treated strictly confidential
Please note: it is a requirement of this position within our industry to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19