Orchard Early Learning Centre Kirrawee offers a fresh approach to early learning, drawing on the natural environment to inspire children to become discoverers, learners and thinkers – holistically preparing them for a life of learning and wellbeing. The Centre operates from 6.30am - 6.30pm. Orchard ELC Kirrawee is a 164 place centre with an amazing outdoor play area. State of the art design and fantastic staff support. We are located opposite South Village on Oak Road in Kirrawee.
The centre has two levels, a Nursery floor with a dedicated Nursery Director, an experienced 2IC, and a fantastic Educational Leader. The second floor, Preschool, has a supportive Preschool Director, an experienced 21C and strong Educational Leader.
The Role - Lead Educator (Room Leader)
- Qualification requirement: Diploma or ECT
- The role is full time 5 days/week, Monday to Friday.
- Pay based on qualification and expereince
- Commencing February 2022
As a room leader you will provide leadership and management, guide and mentor the educators and casuals in the room. You will be responsible for the routine, and programming for all children, develop and lead child led learning in responsive to children’s ideas, strengths and abilities that inspire independent learners.
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education, or ECT or other recognised qualification by ACECQA (min)
- Current First Aid Certificate & CPR (and preferable Anaphylaxis Management, Emergency Asthma Management Training)
- Child protection (CHCPRT001) and Working with Children Check
- Experience working in long day care setting
- Passion for fostering respectful relationships with a calm and respectful demeanour
- Established people and leadership skills
- Experience in leading educators in guiding children’s behaviours
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skill, including documentation skills
- Superior knowledge of EYLF and NQS
- Previous experience as room leader
- Commitment to early years learning and best practice
Why work at Orchard?
Apart from being committed to your growth and learning as an early childhood professional we offer
- Extra day off on your birthday
- Wages based on performance
- Lots of team events and annual staff awards
- Access to our wellbeing program
- Delicious breakfast and dinner
- Dedicated and scheduled programming time
- Access to our online discount marketplace for retail shopping
- Amazing professional development opportunities
- Great support structure
- Career progression as Orchard grows, we frequently promote from within
We look forward to receiving your application.