The Blue Umbrella (TBU) is a small, not-for-profit Out of School Hours Care (OHSC) Service situated within the beautiful grounds of Currambena Primary and Preschool in Lane Cove, catering for children aged 3 to 12 years.
Our unique service currently has an exciting opportunity for a diploma qualified Educator to join our team. We will also consider applicants currently working towards an Early childhood diploma or degree.
This role is a 35 hour per week, part-time role consisting of 30 hours of split shifts Monday to Friday 7:30-9:30am and 2:30-6:30pm plus 5 hours per week of administrative duties, during the school term. Vacation care hours are also available during school holidays.
Experience and Qualifications
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care; or
- Working towards Diploma, having completed Certificate III; or
- At least 1/3rd completed and currently working towards Undergraduate Degree (or equivalent) in Education - Early Childhood
- Child Protection trained
- Current Working with Children Check
Desirable but not essential:
- First Aid certificate, asthma, and anaphylaxis training
- Knowledge of the National Quality Standards
- A positive, friendly attitude
- Initiative and capacity to work with minimal supervision in a small after-school care program with a maximum of 30 children
- A commitment to democratic and child-centred education and care.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Interacting with the children to create engaging activities in line with the National Quality Standards
- Programming and planning
- Conducting observations and guiding activities based on the children's interests
- Creating strong relationships with families, other team members, and the broader Currambena community.
- Contribution to Quality Improvement Plan
- Ad-hoc admin support
In return, you will gain ongoing professional development and exposure to a democratic, child-led education environment, working for an established service with excellent community connections, and a dedicated space/classroom and resources.
Please include the following in your application:
- Evidence of Child Protection Certificate
- Evidence of current Working with Children Check (WWC)
- Evidence of current First Aid accreditations (if applicable)
- Current Covid-19 vaccination status
- Copy of qualifications