About the role
We are seeking two Qualified and experienced Preschool Assistants to join our team on a temporary basis. The two positions are as follows:
- Position 1 – Temporary part time up until December 2022 – 7 hours per day on Thursday and Friday.
- Position 2 – Temporary full time up until August 2023 (maternity leave cover).
Working in a team of dedicated educators, you will draw upon your professional expertise to plan and implement the emergent curriculum for children from diverse backgrounds, in collaboration with the Preschool Teachers, fellow Assistants and parents, in accordance with the philosophy and policies of the Preschool.
We provide staff with generous leave entitlements, programming time and excellent learning and development opportunities. You will have the support of a dynamic and creative team who are committed to providing a stimulating learning environment for children.
The Preschool currently operates from 8.30am to 4.00pm during public school terms. The successful Candidate will need to be available to attend staff meetings and professional development sessions, which may occur during the shut-down period or outside the preschool hours.
These positions are subject to child protection screening and a pre-employment medical check.
- Certificate 3 to Diploma in Child Care, Children’s Services or approved equivalent (see www.acecqa.gov.au).
- Demonstrated experience in a centre based early childhood education and care service incorporating the Early Years Learning Framework, including planning, implementing and evaluating programs and activities for children aged 3-6 years.
- Experience in recording observations and maintaining developmental records of children, using digital cameras and Microsoft Word.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and demonstrated ability to develop good relationships with children, parents and staff.
- Genuine interest in working with children, including children with additional needs.
- Skills in the positive guidance of children’s behaviour.
- Experience in assessing the abilities and interests of children from diverse backgrounds and abilities and in planning programs to assist their individual development.
- Demonstrated ability to actively participate in a team striving for excellence in early childhood education with a commitment to the rights of children and the principles of social justice.
- Current Senior First Aid, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Certificate.
- Clearance to work with children as required under the Working with Children Check.
- Demonstrated understanding of Occupational Health and Safety and its implementation in an Early Childhood setting.
- Knowledge of National Education and Care Services Regulations and Standards and NSW Child Protection Legislation.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement music and movement experiences with children
How to apply
- Apply online by clicking the link below.
- You will be asked to demonstrate how you meet each of the selection criteria.
- Please specify which position you are applying for (i.e. Position 1 or Position 2).
- If you have a separate statement addressing the selection criteria, please upload it as a cover letter and simply refer to it in the online questionnaire.
- You will be able to upload 2 documents only.
- For information on applying for Council jobs, please refer to http://www.woollahra.nsw.gov.au/council/employment/recruitment_and_selection_process
- For further information about the role, please contact Mary Boyd, Woollahra Preschool Director on 02 9327 4921 during business hours.
CLOSING DATE: 11:59pm Monday 12th July 2021
Woollahra Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.