Explore & Develop Freshwater is seeking to find a dedicated, experienced Room Leader to join our Northern Beaches team - Recently rated EXCEEDING in every standard across all 7 Quality Areas!
At Explore & Develop Freshwater, we recognise that attitudes, skills and knowledge developed in a child's early years provide a basis for that child's learning in later years. We believe that in order to develop their highest potential, we need to provide a strong play-based curriculum with an environment that promotes positive attitudes to learning; we do this in partnership with families, children, our passionate team of educators and through the strong connections we have formed within our local community.
Explore & Develop Freshwater team is looking for an experienced Early Childhood Teacher (NESA Registered / Accredited) or Diploma Qualified Early Childhood Educator (ACECQA Recognised) to join our team.
The successful applicant will share views around children as capable and competent learners, and strive to design and implement high-quality educational programs and experiences for children.
Your excellent social and communicating skills are essential for mentoring and guiding a professional team of experienced early childhood educators and will add exceptional value to your application.
In return for your commitment and dedication, you will enjoy working as part of a passionate, committed, supportive and highly driven team of educators, known for the delivery of high-quality education and care for children. You will also enjoy ongoing opportunities for professional development alongside your peers, the wider Explore & Develop group and the early childhood sector. You will be supported by a skilled and experienced management team every step of the way.
Our Management Management Team, consisting of our AP, NS, 0-2’s EL & 3-5’s EL, HR Manager, who work collaboratively with Room Leads and Educators; all of whom are skilled and experienced early childhood educators who drive high-quality pedagogy & practice and strong community connections.
About the Role
You will work as an experienced Diploma / Early Childhood Teacher to support, guide and motivate a high performing team alongside an experienced team of educators working with exceptional ratios.
You will collaborate with an experienced team, and our dedicated Educational Leaders regularly to provoke and inspire children's learning and development holistically. You will be given ample in house and external professional development and training opportunities to extend your skills and personal growth.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experienced Early Childhood Teacher (NESA Registered / Accredited) / Diploma Qualified Educator (ACECQA Recognised)
- Current, approved Working With Children Check.
- Current First Aid, Asthma & Anaphylaxis Certificate/s (ACECQA approved)
- NESA Accreditation (Early Childhood Teacher candidates)
- At least three years experience educating and caring for children within the birth - 5 age group
- Passionate about the early years, with a keen interest and passion for educating and caring for children of the 0-5 year age group
- The ability to work collaboratively with other educators. Strong leadership skills and the ability to mentor other educators.
- Specialist early childhood knowledge including age-appropriate milestones, attachment and cognitive theories, play and environments
- Sound knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF), National Quality Standards (NQS) and the National Regulations.
- Thorough incorporation of the EYLF (outcomes, principles and practices) into your practices and curriculum.
- Knowledge and relevant skills in documenting. Strong documentation skills including understanding and implementing a planning cycle for children
- Commitment to inclusive early childhood practice and social justice
- Commitment to Explore & Develop Freshwaters ongoing self-assessment and Quality Improvement Plan
- Ability to observe & document children's learning holistically.
- Skilled in the design, implementation and analysis of a quality educational curriculum
- Ability to form and maintain professional relationships with families, children and other educators.
- Enthusiastic, motivated, professional, organised, flexible, and reliable
What you'll get in return
- A supportive and likeminded Leadership & Educational Team
- Above Award Wages
- Beautiful resources & learning environments
- Exceeding educator : child ratios across all learning environments
- Ability to connect and create strong community partnerships
- All employees are offered our Access EAP contacts should they need to access counselling. for personal or work-related concerns.
- As we are part of the Harbord Diggers Precinct at Freshwater, our team have the opportunity to access discounted fitness and aquatic memberships, café discounts and a great community environment to explore.
- Parking available onsite
- Flexible working arrangements and discounted fees for working parents
- Lunch provided daily for all team members with the children
- Professional development opportunities and access to the Explore & Develop Annual Conference featuring national and international speakers
If you would like any more information about this position, please contact Sally & Victoria with your resume and experience.