THE POSITION: We are seeking to employ an enthusiastic Speech Pathologist to join our friendly, supportive multidisciplinary therapy team. The successful therapist will be based at our modern Greenfield Park early intervention centre. This position requires applicants to deliver individual and group sessions to preschool and primary school aged children with mild, moderate and severe developmental delay and/or disabilities. Regular clinical supervision, peer support and professional development opportunities are provided, as is access to the extensive clinical resource collection. Initial salary for this 35 hour per week position starts from $77,631 to $85,689 pa (plus super), with possible progression to $90,936 pa based on experience and performance. A generous car allowance may also be payable in addition to salary.
- Current membership with Speech Pathology Australia as Certified Practicing Member. Medicare provider number desired.
- Experience in administering formal and standardised assessments and implementing sound evidence-based therapy techniques across a diverse range of disorders.
- Current working with children check, police check and driver’s licence, NDIS worker check / prepared to undertake
- Experience working with interpreters and clients of CALD background
- Experience in implementing and monitoring individual plans developed through a collaborative family centred approach with families, services and staff.
- Experience managing client caseload and completing all required documentation and administration tasks efficiently and within expected timeframes
- Experience using AAC communication systems
- Experience training and coaching adults (parents, carers, teachers) to build their capacity to support children’s development
- Experience applying for assistive technology through the NDIS
- Experience providing intervention through a variety of models including Telehealth
- Relevant community language
Applications close on Sunday 23 November 2022, 11.59pm
Fairfield City Council is a registered provider for the National Disability Insurance Scheme and manages a variety of children and family support services.
For further information, please contact Children and Family Services on 9725 0393.
Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council's expense. Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer.
Applications must address the Key Selection Criteria as outlined above. Your resume should also be able to reflect the skills required. A position description is available from the contact person listed above, or from Council’s website.
Applicants must provide two current work references (referree name, title and business phone number is required. Mobile numbers are not recommended). If you are successful to the final interview, proof of qualifications and memberships must be supplied by providing certified copies, and will be confirmed by Council. The successful applicant may be required to undertake a National Police Clearance prior to commencement
We kindly ask for no recruiters at this stage.
To apply please visit Council’s website www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au or mail your application addressed to The City Manager, PO Box 21, Fairfield NSW 1860.