Felton Street Community Preschool are searching for a reliable and motivated Diploma trainee educator to join our 39-place Community Preschool, which caters for children aged 2-5 years.
This is an opportunity for the right individual to be mentored by experienced Educators in all areas, whilst undertaking their required studies to achieve a Diploma Qualification in Early Childhood Education and Care CHC50121.
This is a full time Diploma trainee position on a 12 month contract.
We are seeking someone who values:
- Working with children.
- Open respectful communication.
- Contributing their ideas.
- Working as part of a team to provide the best care and education for the children and families at our service.
- Building secure and respectful relationships with the children, families, and our team of educators.
- Working in partnership with families.
- Building strong connections to our environment, community, and world.
- A 38 hour work week
- Operational hours of 8:30-4:30. School holiday breaks in accordance with N.S.W school term calendar as defined by the NSW Department of Education and 6 weeks stand down during Christmas term break. (Annual Leave is taken at this time).
- 8 hour shifts inclusive of paid morning tea and lunch breaks and one 6 hour shift per week.
- In-service non-contact time offered weekly to complete programming and study responsibilities
- Online digital programming/documentation.
- Access to the ECA Learning Hub for research and professional development.
- Paid professional development opportunities.
- Supportive hands-on management.
- A light, natural, home-like environment to work in.
The Australian Government is committed to supporting the development of skilled labour across the country. They provide a range of financial incentives and benefits to employers and Australian Apprentices. The successful candidate will receive a direct payment by The Australian Government of up to $1,250 paid every six months for a maximum of two years, up to a total value of $5,000, to help apprentices with cost-of-living pressures and to assist them to stay in their apprenticeship in addition to their wages.
To be eligible you need to:
- Hold a current Certificate 3 Qualification in Early Childhood Education and Care
- Current First Aid Certificate (Desirable)
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be a team player, professional and organised
- Be passionate and enthusiastic about early childhood learning and development
- Be passionate about working with children and their families and committed to providing high quality care
- Have a current or be able to obtain a Working With Children check and first aid certificate.
- Be an Australian Resident or hold a working visa
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Friday 16th September 2022