CHCPRT001 Identify and Respond to Children and Young People at Risk – NESA Registered PD (RTO ID: 90842)
Under the National Quality Framework, Nominated Supervisors and persons in day-to-day charge must have training in child protection in order to be the responsible person in charge of a service.
This unit from the CHC Community Services Training Package meets the NQF requirements in NSW relating to the role of the Nominated Supervisor and Responsible person. The session covers the responsibilities of mandatory reporters in NSW, teaches how to identify significant harm and risk factors, and outlines what’s required in the provision of child safe environments. Participants who successfully complete the related assessment task will be issued with a Statement of Attainment (SOA) for this unit. This SOA is Nationally Recognised.
About the self-paced format
- You can enrol into our self-paced, online course at any time that suits you.
- Student materials and the relevant assessments can be accessed via CELA’s easy to use eLearning Platform and resource library.
- Our course is divided into 6 modules and takes approximately 6 hours to complete, in addition to assessment tasks.
- Modules contain a variety of materials to suit every learning style, including short videos, presentations and quizzes and a moderated discussion forum where questions will be answered by our sector expert. Additional facilitator support is available via email.
- All course materials have been informed by research, designed by education specialists and tailored for the education sector.
- Language, literacy and numeracy support is available.
Complete in your own time and convenience. The course is divided into 6 modules and takes approximately 6 hours.
Assessments are to be submitted via email or via post upon completion. Assessment tasks are due 12 weeks from the last day of training.
Students must be working (either paid or as a volunteer) in a registered children’s service to complete the assessment requirements.
Our dedicated online e-learning platform.
Take a peek at our e-learning platform:
Please note: This course is only open to Australian citizens or permanent residents. By booking this course you declare that you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident.