Would you like to build your leadership confidence and empower your team to help you navigate the many challenges of an ECEC environment?
Being in a leadership role can be incredibly rewarding, but it can also feel lonely and thankless at times. Many people are thrust into a position of leadership without any formal training or mentoring support and have little time to undertake further studies to boost their skills. As a result, leaders can spend many hours resolving problems within teams instead of focusing on quality outcomes for children.
Boost your leadership confidence and learn key strategies to empower your team. ENROL NOW!
Our Leadership — Empowering and Engaging the Team Micro Credential provides the perfect way for ECEC leaders to boost their leadership skills and confidence while studying at a time and pace that fits within their schedule.
Suitable for directors and early childhood teachers | 5.5 hours of study | NQS areas 4, 6, 7
*Please remember to add a unique email address for each enrolment.
What you will learn
- Different leadership styles and how leadership differs from management
- How to develop emotional intelligence in yourself and your team
- Key strategies to empower the team
- How to engage your team in the vision, philosophy and goals of the service
- How to communicate successfully with different types of people
- How to set up and run effective staff meetings
- Why it’s important to undertake self-performance evaluation and how to successfully evaluate your team
- Different personality styles and how to provide environments to suit different team members
- The principles of cohesion and how we can build a cohesive team
The successful completion of this CELA Micro Credential will enable leaders in early education and care to build their own leadership skills and understand how to empower and engage their team through a range of tools and techniques.
Discover your potential, starting learning today.
Our Leadership — Empowering and Engaging the Team Micro Credential provides the perfect way for ECEC leaders to boost their leadership skills and confidence while studying at a time and pace that fits within their schedule. ENROL NOW!
What are CELA Micro Credentials?
CELA Micro Credentials are online, self-paced workshops. They allow you to enhance your skills and knowledge on specific topics in just a few hours. Each Micro Credential includes a wide range of learning materials to suit all types of learners including tutorials, assignments, quizzes, reading materials and downloadable resources. After completing all prerequisites, learners will receive a digital badge and certificate—the digital badge can be shared on social media platforms and added to personal resumes and service QIPs.
- Introduction: Leadership — Empowering and Engaging the Team
- Workshop 1: Leadership Styles
- Workshop 2: Key Strategies of Leadership to Empower the Team
- Workshop 3: Educational Philosophies
- Workshop 4: Communication
- Workshop 5: Effective Staff Meetings
- Workshop 6: Self-Performance Evaluation
- Workshop 7: Personality Styles and Team Cohesion
- Workshop 8: Team Cohesion
- Conclusion: Leadership — Empowering and Engaging the Team
Meet your facilitator: Christine Irwin
Christine has over 30 years of experience in the early education sector. She held leadership positions in a range of ECEC services before moving into the tertiary sector as a teacher of children's services at TAFE.
Christine has a Bachelor of Teaching in Early Childhood and is passionate about coaching and mentoring educators. She possesses an in-depth knowledge of legislation and compliance, as well as expertise around leadership, early childhood development, pedagogy and practice.
- A unique email address is required for login, enrollment, certification and digital badge purposes upon successful completion of the micro credential.
- Educators must successfully complete the quizzes embedded in workshops in order to gain their digital badge and certificate.
- You have one year from the date of enrolment to complete this micro credential.
Important for bulk purchases
Are you planning to purchase a micro credential for multiple members of your service or organisation?
During the booking process of a micro credential, you are required to provide a unique email address for every attendee, organisation/service or staff member you are purchasing the micro credential for. A unique email adress is required for login, enrollment, certification and digital badge purposes upon successful completion of the micro credential, i.e. you cannot provide a generic (the same) service/organisation email address for for multiple members of your organisation or service when purchasing a micro credential.
National Quality Standard Areas
Area 4 – Staffing arrangements
Area 6 – Collaborative partnerships with families and communities
Area 7 – Governance and leadership