Gain an in-depth understanding of neuroscience and how the brain impacts children’s behaviour to support children in your early education and care service.
Be empowered to support children’s learning, well-being and development, particularly when children are exhibiting behaviours of concern.
Suitable for all levels of early education professional | 3.5 hours of study | NQS areas 1, 5, 7
What you will learn
- How the brain is structured using the theory of the triune brain
- How the triune brain structures integrate with key brain chemicals to enable effective learning or to create behavioural stressors
- How to understand key neurological terminology to identify limbic stressors
- How children learn from a neurological perspective
- How to support children who are exhibiting behaviours of concern
- How to implement key neurological strategies that support children's learning and wellbeing and reduce professional fatigue
The successful completion of this CELA Micro Credential will enable educators to support children exhibiting behaviours of concern and empower educators to support children's learning and development.
Discover your potential, starting learning today.
Our Understanding Neuroscience to Support Children's Behaviour Micro Credential will empower you to support children’s learning, well-being and development, particularly when children are exhibiting behaviours of concern. ENROL NOW!
*Please remember to add a unique email address for each enrolment.
Please choose carefully as we do not offer a refund if you change your mind or find yourself unable to take part - read our Terms & Conditions for further information.
Note: On weekdays, enrolment will take up to 24 hours to process. Micro credentials purchased after 12pm on Fridays, or over a weekend, will receive their invitation to log in on Monday of the following week.
CELA trainer Kerrie Maguire talks about Understanding Neuroscience to Support Children's Behaviour
What are CELA Micro Credentials?
CELA Micro Credentials are online, self-paced workshops. They allow you to enhance your skills and knowledge on specific topics in just a few hours. Each Micro Credential includes a wide range of learning materials to suit all types of learners including tutorials, assignments, quizzes, reading materials and downloadable resources. After completing all prerequisites, learners will receive a digital badge and certificate—the digital badge can be shared on social media platforms and added to personal resumes and service QIPs.
- Introduction: Understanding Neuroscience to Support Children's Behaviour
- Workshop 1, Part 1: The Triune Brain
- Workshop 1, Part 2: The Limbic System
- Workshop 1, Part 3: The Neocortex
- Workshop 2: The Key Brain Chemicals
- Workshop 3: Reviewing Key Aspects of the Brain
- Workshop 4: The ‘Full Brain’ Child
- Workshop 5: Teaching and Learning in Relation to the Triune Brain
- Conclusion: Understanding Neuroscience to Support Children's Behaviour
Meet your facilitator: Kerrie Maguire
Kerrie has been working in children’s services for over 20 years and is one of Australia’s leading early education professional development specialists.
Driven by a passionate belief in educators' significance in children's lives, Kerrie is committed to driving quality service delivery within the ECEC sector. She has an in-depth understanding of the National Quality Framework, learning frameworks and supplementary regulations. She is renowned as an inspiring and effective communicator with a unique ability to connect and engage with professionals at all levels of career development.
- A unique email address is required for login, enrollment, certification and digital badge purposes upon successful completion of the micro credential.
- Educators must successfully complete the quizzes embedded in workshops in order to gain their digital badge and certificate.
- You have one year from the date of enrolment to complete this micro credential.
- Please choose carefully as we do not offer a refund if you change your mind or find yourself unable to take part - read our Terms & Conditions for further information.
3.5 hour contribution
NESA Accredited PD
Completing Micro-credential Understanding Neuroscience to support children’s Behaviour will contribute 3 hours and 30 minutes of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Accredited PD in the priority area of Student/child Mental health addressing standard descriptors 1.2.2, 4.1.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW
Important for bulk purchases
Are you planning to purchase a micro credential for multiple members of your service or organisation?
During the booking process of a micro credential, you are required to provide a unique email address for every attendee, organisation/service or staff member you are purchasing the micro credential for. A unique email address is required for login, enrollment, certification and digital badge purposes upon successful completion of the micro credential, i.e. you cannot provide a generic (the same) service/organisation email address for for multiple members of your organisation or service when purchasing a micro credential.
National Quality Standard Areas
Area 7 – Governance and leadership
Area 1 – Educational Program Practice
Area 5 – Relationships with children