The following terms and conditions apply to all Community Early Learning Australia Members.
All Members are bound by CELA’s constitution and by all laws, notices and directives of the Community Early Learning Australia. A copy of the Rules can be supplied upon request or can be found on our website.
Types of Membership
Membership types include:
Conditions of Membership
All new membership requests will be reviewed by our membership specialist and our board. New members will be granted preliminary membership and access to all member resources while their application is being reviewed. If membership is declined for any reason a full refund will be given.
All members are required to indicate they accept all terms and conditions of membership. Applications will not be processed until confirmation is received.
As part of the review process, new Members will receive a phone call from our membership specialist to find out more about you, your service and what you would like to get out of your membership with CELA. This will help us to work out how we can best help you and ensure that you are aware of all of the things you can access through your membership.
Transfer of Membership
Community Early Learning Australia Memberships are non-transferable.
Upgrade of Membership
Where a Member wishes to change or upgrade their membership to a different membership package, they can do so by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, further information can be found here.
Re-instate a Lapsed Membership
To re-instate your lapsed Membership (up to 12 months after Membership fees were due) refer to your Membership Renewal Notice for payment options or log on to the Members’ section of the website to pay the full amount of your outstanding membership subscription or contact the CELA Member Services Team 1800 157 818.
Re-admission to CELA
If your membership has lapsed for a period of 12 months or more, you will need to re-apply for Membership via our website or by contacting the CELA Member Services Team on 1800 157 818.
Resigning a Membership
Members wishing to resign their membership during the membership period are required to do so in writing, by mail or email. Please include your CELA Membership number, full name and contact details. Membership fees are non-refundable.
Annual Membership Fee
The Annual Membership Fee payable by a Member is the sum for the relevant category of CELA Membership. Membership renewals are issued by email 11 months after joining, giving Members a month’s notice to renew.
All Membership Fees are due and payable in advance of the member’s renewal date each year.
Failure to Pay
If a Member does not pay their Membership fees, their Membership will lapse and they will not have access to membership benefits.
Costs Incurred in Processing Membership Fees
If CELA incurs any unexpected costs in processing Membership fees, those costs will be charged back to that Member. Costs may include but are not limited to bounced cheque fees and related bank charges.
Membership fees will not be refunded except where:
- an application for membership is declined
Events and conferences
Terms & conditions of your booking:
- All fees are payable in advance of the event.
- CELA reserves the right to refuse entry to delegates for non-payment.
- CELA reserves the right to cancel an event and to change the venue and content of the program at any time. If CELA cancels an event for any reason a refund will be given on the ticket price but Community Early Learning Australia (CELA) are not liable for any other expenses incurred, such as travel or accommodation.
- Should you be unable to attend an event after booking a substitute is welcome at no extra charge. All substitutes should be communicated to CELA Any cancellation must be in writing to CELA (even if you have verbally advised of a cancellation).
- Registration cancellations to be received by email, if the notification is not received by CELA the cancellation is deemed to have been not notified.
- Cancellations made more than thirty (30) days prior to the event date will be refunded less 20% of the registration fee to cover administration costs. No registration refunds will be made after this date; however you may nominate a replacement delegate at no charge. Should your tickets be purchased within the 30 day period before the event, no cancellations will be accommodated No shows will incur 100% charge on the full event price.
This online merchant is located in Australia.
The policy below relates to the sale of goods and services by Community Early Learning Australia (CELA).
Country of domicile
Community Early Learning Australia (CELA) is a co-operative incorporated in New South Wales. The Community Early Learning Australia (CELA) Office is located in NSW.
Currency used in transactions
All transactions are completed using Australian Dollars (AUD$) and through the Australian banking system.
Goods and Services Tax
Goods and Services Tax (GST) is applied to all Community Early Learning Australia (CELA) transactions in accordance with Australian Tax Office requirements.
All prices include Goods and Services Tax unless otherwise stated.
Community Early Learning Australia (CELA) reserves the right to change prices and freight charges at any time. Price and freight charge changes are not retrospective.
Community Early Learning Australia (CELA) requires full payment of all items ordered before items are shipped (unless otherwise agreed by all parties involved). The following payment methods are accepted:
Preferred: Visa, Mastercard
Other options: Paypal, Direct Debit
Delivery policy and fees
Shipping practices within Australia
Orders are dispatched through Australia Post and will be shipped within 3-5 working days, with an expected delivery time of up to 10-14 days after that (depending on the location the order is being shipped to).
Shipping practices outside Australia
The delivery method and charge will be discussed with the customer prior to completing the purchase. All items will be shipped by the method agreed. Delivery may take up to 30 working days after the payment has been received (timing will depend on the delivery mode adopted and delays in customs and excise procedures).
Items not available or unable to fulfil order
If an item becomes unavailable, CELA will contact the customer to offer a refund or credit.
Learning and development
Price and Payment.
The Price shall be either:
- As indicated on invoices provided by CELA to the Client in respect of Services or products supplied; or
- CELA’s quoted Price in the form of a proposal or Service Agreement, which once signed by the client shall be binding.
- The Client shall accept CELA’s /proposal in writing (via return email) within fourteen (14) days of receiving.
- CELA reserves the right to change the Price in the event of a variation to quotation/proposal.
- Time for payment for the Services will be stated on the invoice or outlined in the Service Agreement. If no time is stated then payment shall be due fourteen (14) days following the date of the invoice.
- Payment can be made by credit card, by direct debit, Paypal or by any other method as agreed to between the Client and CELA.
- GST and other taxes and duties that may be applicable shall be added to the Price except when they are expressly included in the Price.
- If payment is not received in full prior to an event/course, CELA may refuse delivery of the Service event/course.
CELA may cancel any contract to which these terms and conditions apply or cancel delivery of Services at any time before the Services are delivered by giving written notice to the Client. On giving such notice CELA shall repay to the Client any sums paid in respect of the price. The company shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising from such cancellation.
If a course is cancelled we will advise you as soon as possible and offer options/ alternatives. If you are unable to attend a course, you can send someone in your place.
All bookings made via the CELA website you wish to cancel require you notify us by email, at least 7 working days in advance and we will refund your fees, less $10 to cover the cost of administration. If you cancel with less than 7 working days notice, or do not attend a course you will not be eligible for a refund.
CELA Gift Vouchers
- Gift vouchers are valid for a period of 12 months from date of purchase, and bookings must be made within this period.
- All training, events and other services provided by CELA are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- Bookings using a gift voucher must be made online via the CELA website cela.org.au. The voucher number must be entered in the Gift Voucher field on the payment page along with payment details at the time of making the initial booking.
- Acceptance of the gift voucher entered on a booking as payment is subject to final verification by CELA upon receipt of the booking.
- Should the total spend be more than the value of the Gift Voucher CELA will invoice for the difference and this must be paid as per the booking terms and conditions.
- Gift Vouchers may not be redeemed for cash. No credit or change will be given on the unused portion of the Voucher after the expiry date.
Changes to this Policy
From time to time it may be necessary for us to review this policy. We reserve the right to amend this policy at any time and to notify you of any amendments by posting an updated version on our website at cela.org.au
Last Updated: June 2021