Young Explorers Preschool and Long Day Care is located on Gumbayniggirr Country and the centre has been providing quality early childhood education to the community for over 20 years.
We are looking for a diploma or working toward diploma qualified educator to join our friendly team.
We are a small family owned and operated centre who values our employees by offering the following:
- Above award wage
- 4/5 day working week
- High educator to child ratios
- 2 weeks off at Christmas / New year
- We pay for the renewal of existing employees first aid and child protection.
Our 28 place Centre caters for children aged 18 months to 5 years old, and we are passionate about developing nurturing and respectful relationships with children and families, creating a home like environment for children to thrive and belong. Our indoor/outdoor program and mixed age grouping provides many opportunities for meaningful learning to occur so that children can reach their full potential. We have strong connections within the local community and value children developing a sense of place and connection to the wider world.
The service operates Monday-Friday, 7:30am-5:30pm, with a two week Christmas shutdown period.
Essential Criteria -
- Diploma in Children’s Services, or a Certificate III qualification with a willingness to study a Diploma in Children’s Services.
- First Aid Certificate, Anaphylaxis and Asthma training.
- Sound understanding of the EYLF and NQS.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Working with Children Check.
- Current child protection training CHCTPR001.
Young Explorers recognises and celebrates individuals efforts and contributions in the work place. Management supports and encourages educators continued professional development, through regular training and industry specific courses.
Must have a positive attitude and be able to share humour, excitement and promote a sense of wonder and inquiry with the children.
We are a child safe service. Prohibited people need not apply.
If you would like to join our team of dedicated educators and work at our beautiful centre, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com