Are you an early education professional looking for a new challenge?
Join CELA’s Early Education Advisory and Learning & Development team
Early Education Specialist
Permanent Full Time
CELA is a member-based Peak Body for early and middle childhood education. We have a permanent position available in our dynamic and innovative advisory and learning & development team. We are particularly interested in hearing from people who are currently working in early education services or large organisations in a similar role.
About the role
What we do at CELA crosses all areas of early education service delivery and management.
You will be working with a team of knowledgeable, innovative and passionate people who come from a wide range backgrounds. What has brought them together is their high level sector knowledge, expertise and a genuine passion to grow the professionalism of the early education sector.
CELA is based in Kent Street Sydney and currently have flexible working arrangements, where we blend working from home and office.
The type of activities you would be working on include:
- Consultancy across all service types, including working with approved providers that are setting up new services and advising on the service approval process
- Compliance and quality, reviewing QIP and providing advice as well as policy development and review
- Developing resources in line with current sector requirements
- Providing expert advice on service delivery and management via phone, email and video link developing innovative training resources
- If you are interested in professional development, there are opportunities to facilitate dynamic training, online and face to face
- Proactively and collaboratively engaging in early education policy interpretation to enable informed expert advice
- Design customised professional development for educational teams.
Whether you specialise in one particular area or across many areas, we would like to hear from you.
- High level working knowledge of the Children’s Services Law and Regulations and the Assessment & Rating process
- Experience working with management committees
- High level communication skills
- Understanding of relevant legislation pertaining to children’s services
- Knowledge of service approval and provider approval process
- Currency in children’s services sector
- Proficient technical skills in Office 365
- Knowledge of how to use online meeting platforms
Your capabilities will include:
Ability to build relationships, identify needs and find joy in seeing educators’ professionalism and skills grow
Adaptable, highly organised and time efficient
- High level written and communication skills, including the ability to plan and follow tasks through to completion
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to display initiative, independence and high attention to detail
You will need to have:
- Training and Assessment TAE40116
- CCHPRT001 Identify and Respond to Children and Young People at Risk
How to apply:
Please forward your CV or an overview of how your skills align with what we are looking for to Michele Carnegie (click on APPLY FOR THIS JOB below) or phone 1800 157 818