About the business
Journey Early Learning Delacombe is a brand-new purpose-built centre that is due to open in November 2021. Catering for 120 children, from birth to five, Delacombe has been architecturally designed to inspire imagination and curiosity.
Our Centre Manager, Beth, has had over 20 years of experience working in the Early Childhood sector and believes that all children deserve a positive experience when attending an Early Learning Service. Beth is passionate about providing children with opportunities to engage in high-quality learning programmes focused on building life skills and knowledge. For Beth, it is important that the Early Learning Service is a place where children, families, and educators feel safe, connected, and supported.
We pride ourselves on building connections with neighbours, schools, local businesses, and community organisations.
At Journey, we are invested in your success in your new role. As a new member of the Journey community, you will be guided through a two-week paid induction prior to the centre opening.
About the role
As our Educational Leader, you will hold an influential role in inspiring, motivating, affirming, and extending the practice and pedagogy of educators across the centre. In partnership with the Centre Manager and team, you will endeavour to involve inquiry and reflection to positively impact the important work and connections with children and families.
- Bringing the Journey Values of connection, communication and consideration to life and reflect this in everyday practice.
- Ability to adhere to Journey’s child-safe policy and code of conduct
- Bringing the Journey Standards to life while ensuring all team members understand and are following these.
- Develop and monitor individual and group coaching plans.
- Monitor and approve centre Storypark posts
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the centres Quality Improvement Plan (QIP)
- Role modelling, driving, supporting, and reflecting on agreed practice
- Engaging with families and the community
- Conducting and supporting professional conversations
- Being an active member of the Centre Leadership Team
- Guiding and participating in the Lead Educator meetings.
- A demonstrated commitment to providing a safe, caring, non-judgemental and supportive environment for all children and their families
- A demonstrated ability to adhere to and understand the ECA code of Ethics and the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Demonstrated understanding of appropriate behaviours while engaging with children
- Experience leading and guiding a team
- ACECQA Approved Diploma in Children’s Services or bachelor’s degree (Early Education) or, working towards
- Current Working with Children Check
- First Aid, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Certificates
- Full Rights to Work in Australia
- Victorian Teachers Registration
- Leadership Training – Be a part of our inspiring leadership training to support your growth
- Extra Time - Receive extended programming and planning time.
- Be a Leader - Be valued as part of our Centre Leadership Team.
- Early Childhood Teacher Networking - Come together each month to discuss, learn and build.
- Journey Academy - Access to accredited training & short courses.
- High-Quality Resources & Environments - Our environments spark creation, inspiration and pure joy in educators, families and visitors
- Grow your career - You will be supported through each step of your career
- Ongoing Professional Development - Exclusive access to our internal professional development platform, external training and short courses.
At Journey Early Learning, we aim to create an environment that is safe, secure and homely, where everyone feels welcome. Our future is one filled with endless possibilities and growth opportunities, and together, we’ve developed an educational approach that is inspiring, stimulating and encouraging.
When it comes to early learning, our educators have a vital role to play. Journey educators are passionate, considerate, educated, inspirational and welcoming. Our educators understand that learning is a journey and enjoy developing deeper connections with children, families, and the wider community.
Every journey must begin somewhere, and yours begins right here. Apply today! Journey Early Learning… where it all begins.
Journey Early Learning promotes the safety, wellbeing, and inclusion of all children, including those with a disability, from a culturally or linguistically diverse background. We are committed to the safety, participation, and empowerment of all children.