About the business
We are a small, not-for-profit preschool for children aged 3-5 years. The Assistant position will be working with a Montessori Director in the classroom, Monday to Friday, 8:15am - 3pm, during school terms with 1-2 days attendance required during the school holidays.
About the role
The position will commence as casual with the opportunity to be made permanent.
You will be working with a Montessori Director to maintain a happy, calm learning environment in which children develop a strong love of learning and a strong sense of community.
- Supporting children's learning and daily routines
- Recording observations, insights and reflections
- Classroom set-up and maintenance of materials & equipment
- Supervision of outdoor areas
- Making Montessori materials and admin
Applicants must have:
- Montessori experience
- Certificate III in Children’s Services - or willingness to obtain
- Suitable Montessori qualifications – Assistant Orientation or Diploma (AMI preferred)
- Working With Children Check
- A current First Aid Certificate
- Child Protection
- Right to live and work. You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job
Phone: 02 9728 3379 (between 8.15-8.45am or 2.30-3.00pm Monday-Wednesday)