The role is responsible for assisting the Service Coordinators with the running of the Out of School Hours Program
Perm Part Time
Temporary Part Time
· Bring your passion to OOSH and teach children what you love
· Be part of an inclusive, collaborative and supportive team
· Well regarded workplace and widely acknowledged as a great place to work
We are seeking passionate and enthusiastic OOSH Educators to join our Council operated services. Are you interested in working with children aged 5 – 12 years in the OOSH sector and can bring your knowledge and teamwork skills to work with experienced Coordinators? Previous experience would be an advantage but not necessary for the right candidate.
Qualifications & Experience
· NSW Working With Children Clearance
· First Aid Certificate
· Current Accredited Emergency Asthma Management Training
· Current Accredited Anaphylaxis Management Training
Tasks & Responsibilities
· To ensure that AlburyCity's Out of School Hours Program operates in an efficient and effective manner.
· To ensure the provision of a high standard of care and education is delivered to children attending the Program.
· To assist with the maintenance of all administration records.
· To prepare daily activities for the children attending the Program.
· To work with all staff as part of an efficient and effective team.
· To respond to telephone and face to face enquiries from the general community, providing accurate information in a friendly and courteous manner, and promoting a positive image of the Program at all times.
· To make sure the Program's premises are kept clean and safe.
Based on a 38 Hour Week, working 25 hours per week in accordance with facility roster.
After School Care during school terms
· Monday to Friday, 1pm - 6pm.
Before School Care during school terms
· Monday to Friday, 7am – 9am.
Vacation Program during School Holidays (38 hours per week during NSW School
Rosters prepared to incorporate the following spread of days and hours:
· Monday to Friday, 8.30am – 5.30pm, staff on occasion may be asked to work split shifts.
Live and work in a culture rich location minutes from the Murray River, just a short drive to one of Victoria’s best wine regions. The Alpine region is on our backdoor step where you can enjoy mountain bike riding the summer and snow sports in the winter.
Our employee benefits include professional development, flexible working conditions and health & wellbeing initiatives. Our conditions of employment support equal opportunities and is an ethical, diverse, and inclusive workplace.
We also recognise and value your priorities beyond work. It’s important to us that you have a sustainable work–life balance, so we offer flexible working arrangements, a nine-day fortnight (full-time staff) and a range of leave options and support programs.
AlburyCity is committed to being a child safe organisation by creating cultures, adopting strategies and taking action to empower children. We work hard to keep them safe from harm because child safety is everyone’s responsibility. AlburyCity Council is a Child Safe Organisation
This role closes on the 7 February 2024. The role may close earlier for the right applicant. Should you require any further information for this role please email Linda Castro on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 02 6023 8287