Elevate your management committee knowledge with our self-paced learning portal
Committee members often change annually, leading to a constant need to rebuild knowledge for the upcoming year. Moreover, many volunteers on management committees are pressed for time, and may find it challenging to comprehend and apply crucial information amidst their busy schedules.
That's where CELA's Management Committee Training Portal comes in.
Our portal is designed to address the unique challenges faced by management committees.
4 reasons to enrol today:
|1. Time-efficient learning
Recognising that management committee volunteers often have limited time, our e-learning portal breaks down information into manageable sections, promoting progressive learning at your own pace.
|2. All-in-one resource library
No more hopping between different sources and websites. Our resource library consolidates everything you need, directly correlating with the module content.
|3. Clarify roles and responsibilities
Beyond understanding the role of management committees, it's essential to grasp the duties of other key team members like directors, nominated supervisors, and educators. Our portal sheds light on these roles, ensuring everyone is on the same page.
|4. Demystify the NQF
Dive deep into the National Quality Framework (NQF) with us. From roles and acronyms to assessment, rating, and a thorough look into the laws and regulations, we've got you covered. Plus, our templates and resources make understanding these concepts tangible and actionable.
🔖 Great value - 26 tutorial videos, a range of activities and quizzes, access to our comprehensive knowledge library PLUS copy of Guide to Effective Committees e-book and an hour of consultancy from just $134 per person (package includes up to 6 enrolments).
Take a look inside the portal with CELA presenter Kerrie Maguire
Joining a management committee comes with great responsibility
Elevate your community-managed committee training experience with our digital learning resources.
Who is the portal for?
Committees of centre-based NSW education and care services who are:
- Boards and community-based committee members
- Directors and PMCs
Note: Our portal is currently focused on supporting centre-based services. We will launch programs for family day care and state regulated services at a later date. Please choose carefully as we do not offer a refund if you change your mind or find yourself unable to take part - read our Terms & Conditions for further information.
As a centre-based service you will gain:
- An understanding of the National Quality Framework.
- Valuable insights into how quality is assessed and rated under the NQF.
- Clarity around the responsibilities of nominated supervisors and the approved provider under the Education and Care Services National Law and Regulations.
- An understanding of how Approved Providers can comply with the National Law and Regulations through the development of sound governance and reporting procedures.
What the program includes:
Access to our Management Committee Training Portal for up to 6 people for 12 months including:
On the Committee pre-recorded webinar with guided opportunities to pause and test your committee knowledge as a group.
Approved Provider and Governance e-learning Program with four approved provider workshops including 25 tutorials, a range of activities and quizzes, PLUS our comprehensive knowledge library. Each tutorial is aligned with a range of resources to support you in understanding the National Quality Framework, effective governance, and your role as the Approved Provider. Begin your journey by filling out our Knowledge Matrix, which will help you uncover which areas you need to build your knowledge around.
A digital copy of our Guide to Effective Committees e-book.
Our comprehensive guide summarises the key information you need when it comes to working with or running an effective committee including:
- Clarity around roles and obligations
- How to provide adequate introductory information and training for new committees
- Guidance around conflicts of interest
- A case study and exercise for committee members to better understand their roles, a checklist for new committee, new committee member job descriptions and a comprehensive list of resources + much more
1 hour of tailored consultancy with one of our committee experts.
Non-member package includes CELA membership for 1 year (gain access to all committee-related CELA member tools, templates and guides, ongoing phone support plus more - view full member benefits here).
Online learning program curriculum
- Introduction: Management Committee Training Portal (video)
- On The Committee Workshop (video and resource library)
- Approved Provider and Governance Matrix (pdf)
- Approved Provider and Governance Workshop 1: What is the NQF? (video, quizzes, resource links)
- Approved Provider and Governance Workshop 2: How quality is determined under the NQF (video, quizzes, resource links)
- Approved Provider and Governance Workshop 3: Compliance and the NQF (video, quizzes, resource links)
- Approved Provider and Governance Workshopo 4: Identifying systems and processes to maintain compliance (video, quizzes, resource links)
- Conclusion: Management Committee Training Portal
Benefit from CELA's committee expertise
As a peak body representing community managed and small providers of early education and care, we've trained thousands of committee members. In fact, we're trusted by government to deliver training on these topics. We’ve condensed 45+ years of expertise into this streamlined knowledge portal.
Important for bulk purchases
Are you planning to purchase this program for multiple members of your service or organisation?
During the booking process of this course, you are required to provide a unique email address for every attendee, organisation/service or staff member you are purchasing the course for. A unique email adress is required for login and enrollment purposes, i.e. you cannot provide a generic (the same) service/organisation email address for for multiple members of your organisation or service when purchasing this program.
National Quality Standard Areas
Area 7 – Governance and leadership